Pendergrass LibraryWebster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library
The UT Libraries are partners in student and faculty success. Librarians are committed to meeting students and faculty where you are and to fostering intellectual curiosity, creativity, and lifelong information literacy. Taken from the Association of College and Research Libraries Information Literacy Framework, information literacy comprises a set of skills that help one navigate and understand the complicated ecosystems where information is available.
Through our instructional practices, we seek to acknowledge, incorporate, and amplify the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our community of learners. We are committed to engaging in dialogue and investing in the ongoing learning necessary to do this work. Visit the Libraries’ Diversity Committee page to learn more about our commitment to inclusion and to read our Diversity Statement.
The instruction team at Pendergrass Library is dedicated to collaborating with instructors in Herbert College of Agriculture and the College of Veterinary Medicine to develop meaningful sessions, assignments, tutorials, and other resources that will enrich the student learning experience.
Meet the Instruction Team:
Student Engagement Librarian
Focus: Herbert College of Agriculture
Specialties: library orientations/tours, first-year instruction, developing topics, basic search strategies, poster design
Veterinary Medicine Librarian
Focus: College of Veterinary Medicine
Specialties: Advanced search strategies, subject-specific databases, EndNote
Contact the instruction team to learn more about how Pendergrass can be incorporated into your course. Email us at ut_PendergrassInstruction@live.utk.edu to get started.
Types of instruction available:
- Live guest presentations (online or face-to-face): We work with instructors to develop meaningful sessions that help students build research skills, learn how to navigate the library, and support information literacy.
- Asynchronous instruction: Incorporate library materials from research guides, tutorials, and other library resources. Ask us about embedding a librarian into your Canvas course site!
Tennessee Volunteers Magazine
Published by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department to provide articles and statistics on a variety of sports.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Study Rooms Available for Reservations
- In Conversation: Family Hiking in the Smokies
- For Your Reference: Second Season Premiere
- DeVine and Pendergrass Libraries to Close Early Sept. 2
- Masks Now Required in All Libraries
- Teaching Equipment and Spaces
- SGA and Open Education Working Group Announce the 2020 OER Awards
- Pendergrass Library reopens July 26