The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Libraries recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of its users. Our views and policies toward privacy conform with the ALA Code of Ethics, which states the library community’s commitment to privacy: “We protect each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.”
In order to better provide web services to our users, the Libraries use Google Analytics to gather statistics on and discover how people use its website. Google Analytics gathers statistics by installing a cookie on each visitor’s computer. If you choose to do so, you can opt out of our web statistics gathering by turning off cookies in the preferences section of your web browser, or by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On.
The Libraries also use Insights to assess Facebook usage as well as the first party analytics that are part of HistoryPin and Pinterest. No personally identifiable information is recorded or retained by the Libraries from this service.
Additional web privacy details can be found at the University’s Website privacy page.
Explore our Digital Collections
University of Tennessee Libraries Digital Collections have a new look and are now easier to search and discover.
Recent NewsMore News
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
- Exhibit: “Unveiled: Four Centuries of Apocalyptic Visions”
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services