The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Libraries recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of its users. Our views and policies toward privacy conform with the ALA Code of Ethics, which states the library community’s commitment to privacy: “We protect each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.”
In order to better provide web services to our users, the Libraries use Google Analytics to gather statistics on and discover how people use its website. Google Analytics gathers statistics by installing a cookie on each visitor’s computer. If you choose to do so, you can opt out of our web statistics gathering by turning off cookies in the preferences section of your web browser, or by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On.
The Libraries also use Insights to assess Facebook usage as well as the first party analytics that are part of HistoryPin and Pinterest. No personally identifiable information is recorded or retained by the Libraries from this service.
Additional web privacy details can be found at the University’s Website privacy page.
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources
- GIVING TUESDAY NOW: Give to the Student Emergency Fund on May 5
- UT Libraries Zoom Backgrounds
- De-Stress for Success & Study Day Resources
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED