The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Libraries recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of its users. Our views and policies toward privacy conform with the ALA Code of Ethics, which states the library community’s commitment to privacy: “We protect each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.”
In order to better provide web services to our users, the Libraries use Google Analytics to gather statistics on and discover how people use its website. Google Analytics gathers statistics by installing a cookie on each visitor’s computer. If you choose to do so, you can opt out of our web statistics gathering by turning off cookies in the preferences section of your web browser, or by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On.
The Libraries also use Insights to assess Facebook usage as well as the first party analytics that are part of HistoryPin and Pinterest. No personally identifiable information is recorded or retained by the Libraries from this service.
Additional web privacy details can be found at the University’s Website privacy page.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13