The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Libraries recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of its users. Our views and policies toward privacy conform with the ALA Code of Ethics, which states the library community’s commitment to privacy: “We protect each library user’s right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.”
In order to better provide web services to our users, the Libraries use Google Analytics to gather statistics on and discover how people use its website. Google Analytics gathers statistics by installing a cookie on each visitor’s computer. If you choose to do so, you can opt out of our web statistics gathering by turning off cookies in the preferences section of your web browser, or by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On.
The Libraries also use Insights to assess Facebook usage as well as the first party analytics that are part of HistoryPin and Pinterest. No personally identifiable information is recorded or retained by the Libraries from this service.
Additional web privacy details can be found at the University’s Website privacy page.
The 2020-2021 Culture Corner offers resources and materials to explore Native American cultures and traditions.
Recent NewsMore News
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive
- In Celebration of Marilou Awiakta
- Panel: Wellness and Self-Care — COVID-19 and Beyond
- In Conversation Rescheduled - May 11, 2021
- Have questions? Ask us now!
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021