The UT Libraries are dedicated partners in student and faculty success. Each year, we reach more than 22,000 learners, ranging from pre-college through graduate populations. Librarians are committed to meeting students and faculty where you are and to fostering intellectual curiosity, creativity, and lifelong information literacy.
The Libraries offer expertise, resources, and teaching tools to support in person, online, and hybrid instruction. Explore the options below to learn more about our offerings.
Request instruction or consultation
Librarians lead sessions about information literacy concepts such as strategic searching, information creation and evaluation, and research as a process. Our Studio and Scholars Collaborative teams offer specialized instruction on media literacy topics and technology-based assignments, and Subject Librarians provide discipline-based research sessions. Special Collections librarians can introduce you to primary sources and archival materials, including digital collections.
Use the links below to explore our offerings and request instruction. Please note that for Fall 2020, many offerings will be virtual, and in-person options will follow social distancing practices in line with campus policies.
- First-Year Instruction (Note: Online workshop dates for Fall 2020 will be posted here in mid-August. If you have questions, please email email@example.com )
- Media Literacy and Media-Based Assignments
- Subject-Specific (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Schools)
- Special Collections and Archives
- Digital Scholarship (Geographic Information Systems, Data Management, Scholarly Communication, and more)
- Residence Hall Programming (Library Take Out)
- K-12 Outreach and Instruction
Explore Instructional Resources
- Research Assistance
- Research Guides
- Self-Paced Tutorials
- Digital Collections
- Citing Sources & Plagiarism
- Classroom Media
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.
- National Endowment for the Arts Will Fund Wildfire Recovery Project
- ProQuest Ebook Central and LibCentral - down for maintenance June 27, 2020
- Steve Smith to Lead Fall Semester Planning; Holly Mercer Will Serve as Acting Dean