Teaching & LearningInstruction and Resources for Teaching
The “Searching as Exploration” collection helps students learn how to search effectively, explore library resources, and reflect on their experiences. These basic resources are aimed at students who have little or no research experience. However, they can be easily adapted for students more familiar with research.
These resources are good supplements to library sessions; they are also good options for pre- or post-session activities. This collection also has great self-paced options for students to practice, develop, and reflect on their research skills.
Below is a list of the resources and links to each. For more information about these resources and how to use them, see the Information about Resources PDF below.
- A Quick Guide To Developing Keywords (link to information sheet and activity)
- Link to accessible PDF description
- Collaborative Keywords (link to activity)
- Exploring Library Databases (link to activity)
- Finding Books & More (link to interactive tutorial)
- Finding Articles (link to interactive tutorial)
- Mind Map (link to video)
- General Search Tips & Strategies (link to research guide)
Information about Resources
This PDF document provides additional context for the “Searching as Exploration” collection. Each resource page has the access link, learning goal, description, and teaching ideas.
- Link to Information about Resources PDF
If you have questions about the resources or this collection, contact one of these librarians in Teaching and Learning Programs:
- Grace Therrell, Assistant Professor and Online Learning Librarian, email@example.com
- Anna Sandelli, Associate Professor and Head, Teaching and Learning Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore our digital collections
UT Digital Collections has something for every Vol fan — including the Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Spring 2021
- Entrance to Pendergrass Library Has Moved
- Give the Gift of Hodges
- Holiday Hours
- Faculty Bookplate 2020
- Birds of the World database - Down for Maintenance- Nov. 17-19, 2020
- Boundless: Artists in the Archives featuring Marcel Holman
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5