Teaching & LearningInstruction and Resources for Teaching
The “Searching as Exploration” collection helps students learn how to search effectively, explore library resources, and reflect on their experiences. These basic resources are aimed at students who have little or no research experience. However, they can be easily adapted for students more familiar with research.
These resources are good supplements to library sessions; they are also good options for pre- or post-session activities. This collection also has great self-paced options for students to practice, develop, and reflect on their research skills.
Below is a list of the resources and links to each. For more information about these resources and how to use them, see the Information about Resources PDF below.
- A Quick Guide To Developing Keywords (link to information sheet and activity)
- Link to accessible PDF description
- Collaborative Keywords (link to activity)
- Exploring Library Databases (link to activity)
- Finding Books & More (link to interactive tutorial)
- Finding Articles (link to interactive tutorial)
- Mind Map (link to video)
- General Search Tips & Strategies (link to research guide)
Information about Resources
This PDF document provides additional context for the “Searching as Exploration” collection. Each resource page has the access link, learning goal, description, and teaching ideas.
- Link to Information about Resources PDF
If you have questions about the resources or this collection, contact one of these librarians in Teaching and Learning Programs:
- Grace Therrell, Assistant Professor and Online Learning Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Sandelli, Associate Professor and Head, Teaching and Learning Programs, email@example.com
The 2020-2021 Culture Corner offers resources and materials to explore Native American cultures and traditions.
Recent NewsMore News
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive
- In Celebration of Marilou Awiakta
- Panel: Wellness and Self-Care — COVID-19 and Beyond
- In Conversation Rescheduled - May 11, 2021
- Have questions? Ask us now!
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021