Place Print Materials On Reserve
Due to COVID-19, physical items such as books will be quarantined upon return. We encourage instructors to consider using e-resources for course reserves for Fall 2020 to ensure timely access to all students, including those taking courses online. Links to online content may be posted to your course Canvas site.
If only a few chapters from a book are needed, you may request scans through DMS. If an entire book is needed, you may submit a request for an e-book purchase through the online suggest-a-purchase form. You may also contact your library subject liaison to request an e-book or to find an alternate text that is available electronically.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions. Thank you.
Place library-owned or personal copies of books and other print materials on reserve to provide access to supplementary course materials. Loan periods are 2 hours or 1 day.
- Requests must be submitted online
- Allow one week for processing
- Limit 50 items per course
Place your own videos on Reserve:
Make personal copies of films available for your students. Please log into your Lindola account, fill out the form, and bring your VHS or DVD videos to the Public Services Desk on the 2nd floor of Hodges Library.
The UT Libraries has a wide selection of streaming video available for classroom use.
Place library or personally-owned materials in Canvas:
- Request assistance finding library-owned articles and other electronic materials for use in Canvas.
- Request library-owned items, such as films or print materials, be digitized by OIT’s Digital Media Services. Links distributed by DMS may be posted or published to a Canvas course site.
- Request book chapter or article scans of library-owned print materials through the Libraries’ catalog. These scans may be posted in Canvas.
- More information about using Library materials for teaching may be found in the Teaching Resources Guide.
- Information about copyright and course materials may be found here.
Students: Locate Reserve Materials!
Ask for Reserve materials at the Public Services Desk (Circulation) on the 2nd floor of Hodges Library.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (865) 974-4473
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.
- National Endowment for the Arts Will Fund Wildfire Recovery Project
- ProQuest Ebook Central and LibCentral - down for maintenance June 27, 2020
- Steve Smith to Lead Fall Semester Planning; Holly Mercer Will Serve as Acting Dean