Dean of Libraries
The Dean of Libraries directs the John C. Hodges Library and two branch libraries on the flagship campus of the University of Tennessee system, administering an annual budget of more than $20 million. Steve Smith serves as the UT Libraries’ representative to the prestigious Association of Research Libraries as well as the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries, the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans.
Teresa Walker directs the liaison program, teaching and learning programs, the Learning Commons, community learning services and diversity programs, and marketing and communications, and the branch libraries (the Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library and the George F. DeVine Music Library)
Other Administrative Personnel
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13