The Library Storage Annex was among the upcoming capital projects shared at the UT Knoxville Campus Advisory Board meeting on Thursday, February 1, 2024.
The campus advisory board submits recommendations to President Randy Boyd related to campus-level strategic plans and operating budgets, which Boyd then brings to the Board of Trustees for their consideration.
In updating the board on current and major campus construction projects, Allen Bolton, interim senior vice chancellor for Finance and Administration, shared his excitement about the Library Storage Annex project.
“[The Library Storage Annex] is going to give us some additional room to expand in the Libraries on campus,” Bolton said. “It will protect these precious texts for a long time.”
Bolton also spoke to some of the design specifications for the building, including temperature and humidity controls and high-bay, high-density shelving.
The Library Storage Annex is mentioned from minute 1:01 to 1:03 in the meeting webcast.
Recent NewsMore News
- Medbery Makerspace: Take our Certification Workshop
- Exhibit in Special Collections Honors Frederick Douglass, Black History Month
- Library Storage Annex Update from UT Knoxville Campus Advisory Board Meeting
- UT Libraries Welcomes High School Students for BOSS STEM Conference
- Carolyn Finney, Author of “Black Faces, White Spaces,” to Speak February 29
- Katie Hannah Appointed New Director of UT Press
- Tell Us How We’re Doing: Take the Library’s Survey
- Beauford Delaney Papers Now Available to Researchers