Dean of Libraries
The Dean of Libraries directs the John C. Hodges Library and two branch libraries on the flagship campus of the University of Tennessee system, administering an annual budget of more than $20 million. Steve Smith serves as the UT Libraries’ representative to the prestigious Association of Research Libraries as well as the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries, the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans.
Teresa Walker directs the liaison program, teaching and learning programs, the Learning Commons, community learning services and diversity programs, and marketing and communications, and the branch libraries (the Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library and the George F. DeVine Music Library)
Other Administrative Personnel
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019