Dean of Libraries
The Dean of Libraries directs the John C. Hodges Library and two branch libraries on the flagship campus of the University of Tennessee system, administering an annual budget of more than $20 million. Steve Smith serves as the UT Libraries’ representative to the prestigious Association of Research Libraries as well as the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries, the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans.
Teresa Walker directs the liaison program, teaching and learning programs, the Learning Commons, community learning services and diversity programs, and marketing and communications, and the branch libraries (the Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library and the George F. DeVine Music Library)
Other Administrative Personnel
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.
- National Endowment for the Arts Will Fund Wildfire Recovery Project
- ProQuest Ebook Central and LibCentral - down for maintenance June 27, 2020
- Steve Smith to Lead Fall Semester Planning; Holly Mercer Will Serve as Acting Dean