Dean of Libraries
The Dean of Libraries directs the John C. Hodges Library and two branch libraries on the flagship campus of the University of Tennessee system, administering an annual budget of more than $20 million. Steve Smith serves as the UT Libraries’ representative to the prestigious Association of Research Libraries as well as the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries, the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans.
Teresa Walker directs the liaison program, teaching and learning programs, the Learning Commons, community learning services and diversity programs, and marketing and communications, and the branch libraries (the Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library and the George F. DeVine Music Library)
Other Administrative Personnel
The 2020-2021 Culture Corner offers resources and materials to explore Native American cultures and traditions.
Recent NewsMore News
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive
- In Celebration of Marilou Awiakta
- Panel: Wellness and Self-Care — COVID-19 and Beyond
- In Conversation Rescheduled - May 11, 2021
- Have questions? Ask us now!
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021