New Special Collections Request System is Now Live
Special Collections is committed to providing University of Tennessee faculty and instructors a variety of learning opportunities.
How to Request Instruction
We ask all faculty interested in instruction to please email the Special Collections Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org by the first day of classes, Wednesday, August 24 to plan for and schedule your sessions. In your email please include:
- Whether you are interested in an in-person or virtual session
- Description of relevant course topic or assignment (please attach syllabus and assignment)
- At least two preferred dates and times for instruction
- Any additional information about learning objectives for the session
We will do our best to accommodate your choice of date and time, but please understand that we may not be able to guarantee your preferences. Course instructors are expected to attend the sessions with their classes.
Due to the volume of English 102 instruction, Special Collections is unable to accommodate in person instruction or use of physical materials. Please see our Digital Teaching Collections LibGuide for detailed information on using our digital collections as well as tutorials on how to search the digital collections and how to cite research items. In addition, UTK Libraries offer a wealth of databases that feature primary sources on every conceivable topic. Please do not hesitate to ask Library instructors to help you find those resources that provide the best fit.
Hours and Contact Information
Located on the first floor of Hodges Library, Special Collections is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
If you have questions, please email the Special Collections Reference Desk at email@example.com. We are always happy to help.
Recent NewsMore News
- Our short story contest winners are …
- DeStress for Success
- Event: Title IX — Impact on UT and Beyond
- Big Orange Give Celebrates Tenth Anniversary
- Queer Conversations: Join us October 11
- UT Libraries Unveils Digital Membership Card for Donors
- "Bearing the Torch": A Conversation with Bob Hutton and Jack Neely
- Game Nights at Hodges Library Begin Sept. 21