University Archives is the repository for the historically valuable records of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. As such, University Archives collects, preserves, and makes accessible resources that document the history and legacy of the university as a public research institution and as a member of the land-grant, higher education community. The University Archives strives to ensure both current and future generations will have these resources available to understand and interpret the history and traditions of the university.
About University Archives
The University Archives supports teaching, research, service, and administration functions by curating and managing archival, manuscript, audiovisual, electronic, print and object collections related to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In addition, the University Archives also documents the careers and activities of prominent faculty, staff, alumni, and supporters of the university. Records in our holdings date from the chartering of the university in 1794 to the present.
- Finding aids (http://dlc.lib.utk.edu/spc/search)
- Information about the University Archives holdings is available through University Libraries’ Online Catalog page or through SCOUT finding aid database page.
- Research Guides (libguides) (http://libguides.utk.edu/subject/UT)
- Institutional Repository (TRACE) (http://www.trace.tennessee.edu/)
- Digitized University Archives Collection (http://digital.lib.utk.edu/index.php?gid=8)
Processed collections are open and available for research within the Special Collections Reading Room, located in John C. Hodges Library. For more-detailed information regarding research and access policy, please refer to UTK Special Collections’ Material Request Policy (https://www.lib.utk.edu/special/materials-request/).
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.
- National Endowment for the Arts Will Fund Wildfire Recovery Project
- ProQuest Ebook Central and LibCentral - down for maintenance June 27, 2020
- Steve Smith to Lead Fall Semester Planning; Holly Mercer Will Serve as Acting Dean
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources