University Archives is the repository for the historically valuable records of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. As such, University Archives collects, preserves, and makes accessible resources that document the history and legacy of the university as a public research institution and as a member of the land-grant, higher education community. The University Archives strives to ensure both current and future generations will have these resources available to understand and interpret the history and traditions of the university.
About University Archives
The University Archives supports teaching, research, service, and administration functions by curating and managing archival, manuscript, audiovisual, electronic, print and object collections related to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In addition, the University Archives also documents the careers and activities of prominent faculty, staff, alumni, and supporters of the university. Records in our holdings date from the chartering of the university in 1794 to the present.
- Finding aids (http://dlc.lib.utk.edu/spc/search)
- Information about the University Archives holdings is available through University Libraries’ Online Catalog page or through SCOUT finding aid database page.
- Research Guides (libguides) (http://libguides.utk.edu/subject/UT)
- Institutional Repository (TRACE) (http://www.trace.tennessee.edu/)
- Digitized University Archives Collection (http://digital.lib.utk.edu/index.php?gid=8)
A research account is required to use materials or order reproductions from University Archives. Register or login (https://utk.aeon.atlas-sys.com/logon) to access your Special Collections Request System account
Recent NewsMore News
- Join us to celebrate renowned Knoxville artists Beauford and Joseph Delaney
- On Display: The Art of the Editorial Cartoon
- Smokies Anniversary: Enjoy Historic Images of the Park
- Changes in Access to Library Resources
- Final Clarence Brown Films this Weekend; UT Libraries Holds the Director’s Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival Moves to UT Campus on Friday; Keynote Address at Hodges Library
- “Smouldering Fires” at Clarence Brown Film Festival Thursday; Explore Film Stills in the UT Libraries Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival, August 16–20, Salutes Famed Hollywood Director from Knoxville