University Archives is the repository for the historically valuable records of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. As such, University Archives collects, preserves, and makes accessible resources that document the history and legacy of the university as a public research institution and as a member of the land-grant, higher education community. The University Archives strives to ensure both current and future generations will have these resources available to understand and interpret the history and traditions of the university.
About University Archives
The University Archives supports teaching, research, service, and administration functions by curating and managing archival, manuscript, audiovisual, electronic, print and object collections related to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In addition, the University Archives also documents the careers and activities of prominent faculty, staff, alumni, and supporters of the university. Records in our holdings date from the chartering of the university in 1794 to the present.
- Finding aids (http://dlc.lib.utk.edu/spc/search)
- Information about the University Archives holdings is available through University Libraries’ Online Catalog page or through SCOUT finding aid database page.
- Research Guides (libguides) (http://libguides.utk.edu/subject/UT)
- Institutional Repository (TRACE) (http://www.trace.tennessee.edu/)
- Digitized University Archives Collection (http://digital.lib.utk.edu/index.php?gid=8)
Processed collections are open and available for research within the Special Collections Reading Room, located in John C. Hodges Library. For more-detailed information regarding research and access policy, please refer to UTK Special Collections’ Material Request Policy (https://www.lib.utk.edu/special/materials-request/).
Recent NewsMore News
- Get Help with Research Papers During Writing Blitz, March 10
- Grant Deadline Extended: UT Open Textbook/OER Grant Program
- Workshop, March 2: Intro to Open Educational Resources
- EBSCO eBooks - System Maintenance - February 20, 2020
- ProQuest Databases Down for Scheduled Maintenance - 10 pm EST Sat., Feb. 8 until 4 am EST Sun., Feb.9, 2020
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Alert: problems accessing e-resources
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lifelong Learning Book Club for Faculty and StaffFeb. 28 @ 1pmJohn C Hodges Library - Mary E. Greer Room (258 Hodges)
Data and GIS Day at Pendergrass LibraryMar. 3 @ 2pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - A113
Foreign film: Science of SleepMar. 3 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium