University Archives is the repository for the historically valuable records of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. As such, University Archives collects, preserves, and makes accessible resources that document the history and legacy of the university as a public research institution and as a member of the land-grant, higher education community. The University Archives strives to ensure both current and future generations will have these resources available to understand and interpret the history and traditions of the university.
About University Archives
The University Archives supports teaching, research, service, and administration functions by curating and managing archival, manuscript, audiovisual, electronic, print and object collections related to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. In addition, the University Archives also documents the careers and activities of prominent faculty, staff, alumni, and supporters of the university. Records in our holdings date from the chartering of the university in 1794 to the present.
- Finding aids (http://dlc.lib.utk.edu/spc/search)
- Information about the University Archives holdings is available through University Libraries’ Online Catalog page or through SCOUT finding aid database page.
- Research Guides (libguides) (http://libguides.utk.edu/subject/UT)
- Institutional Repository (TRACE) (http://www.trace.tennessee.edu/)
- Digitized University Archives Collection (http://digital.lib.utk.edu/index.php?gid=8)
Processed collections are open and available for research within the Special Collections Reading Room, located in John C. Hodges Library. For more-detailed information regarding research and access policy, please refer to UTK Special Collections’ Material Request Policy (https://www.lib.utk.edu/special/materials-request/).
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13