Patrons wishing to use Special Collections materials on-site must use this form to request:
- Manuscript Collections
- Archival Collections
An confirmation email will be sent after a successful request is made. Please double check that all information is correctly entered or your request might not be properly submitted. If you do not receive an email, then neither will we. Please try a different web browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) if problems persist, and be sure to let us know about your experience.
For out-of-area patrons wanting scans or digital files delivered electronically for a fee, see this page.
Books marked as Rare Books and University Archives Books are kept in Hodges and do not require a request form.
Patrons requesting a Modern Political Archive (MPA) collection should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript and Archives collections are stored off-site and pulled once a day. Materials requested before 3:00pm will be available the following business day at 9:00am. Materials requested after 3:00pm will be available two business days later at 9:00am.
Only one MS collection or AR collection may be requested per form. Need help?
A maximum of six boxes per day may be requested from one MS or AR number. No more than ten total boxes may be requested in one day.
For students in an English 102 class, teaching collections have been set aside in advance for your use and do not require a request.
Note: Circulating copies of theses/dissertations may be checked out from the Storage department. Request them through the library catalog.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace