Patrons wishing to use Special Collections materials on-site must use this form to request:
- Manuscript Collections
- Archival Collections
An confirmation email will be sent after a successful request is made. Please double check that all information is correctly entered or your request might not be properly submitted. If you do not receive an email, then neither will we. Please try a different web browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) if problems persist, and be sure to let us know about your experience.
For out-of-area patrons wanting scans or digital files delivered electronically for a fee, see this page.
Books marked as Rare Books and University Archives Books are kept in Hodges and do not require a request form.
Patrons requesting a Modern Political Archive (MPA) collection should email email@example.com.
Manuscript collections and University Archives materials are stored offsite and must be requested 2 full business days before you plan to visit the reading room. Please limit collection requests to 6 or less boxes total per requester. Collections should be requested through Scout at https://scout.lib.utk.edu/.
Only one MS collection or AR collection may be requested per form. Need help?
A maximum of six boxes per day may be requested from one MS or AR number. No more than ten total boxes may be requested in one day.
For students in an English 102 class, teaching collections have been set aside in advance for your use and do not require a request.
Note: Circulating copies of theses/dissertations may be checked out from the Storage department. Request them through the library catalog.
Recent NewsMore News
- Exhibit in Special Collections Honors Frederick Douglass, Black History Month
- Library Storage Annex Update from UT Knoxville Campus Advisory Board Meeting
- UT Libraries Welcomes High School Students for BOSS STEM Conference
- Carolyn Finney, Author of “Black Faces, White Spaces,” to Speak February 29
- Katie Hannah Appointed New Director of UT Press
- Tell Us How We’re Doing: Take the Library’s Survey
- Beauford Delaney Papers Now Available to Researchers
- “Rising from the Ashes” — UT Press Book Wins Art Award