Patrons wishing to use Special Collections materials on-site must use this form to request:
- Manuscript Collections
- Archival Collections
An confirmation email will be sent after a successful request is made. Please double check that all information is correctly entered or your request might not be properly submitted. If you do not receive an email, then neither will we. Please try a different web browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) if problems persist, and be sure to let us know about your experience.
For out-of-area patrons wanting scans or digital files delivered electronically for a fee, see this page.
Books marked as Rare Books and University Archives Books are kept in Hodges and do not require a request form.
Patrons requesting a Modern Political Archive (MPA) collection should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript collections and University Archives materials are stored offsite and must be requested 2 full business days before you plan to visit the reading room. Please limit collection requests to 6 or less boxes total per requester. Collections should be requested through Scout at https://scout.lib.utk.edu/.
Only one MS collection or AR collection may be requested per form. Need help?
A maximum of six boxes per day may be requested from one MS or AR number. No more than ten total boxes may be requested in one day.
For students in an English 102 class, teaching collections have been set aside in advance for your use and do not require a request.
Note: Circulating copies of theses/dissertations may be checked out from the Storage department. Request them through the library catalog.
Recent NewsMore News
- Join us to celebrate renowned Knoxville artists Beauford and Joseph Delaney
- On Display: The Art of the Editorial Cartoon
- Smokies Anniversary: Enjoy Historic Images of the Park
- Changes in Access to Library Resources
- Final Clarence Brown Films this Weekend; UT Libraries Holds the Director’s Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival Moves to UT Campus on Friday; Keynote Address at Hodges Library
- “Smouldering Fires” at Clarence Brown Film Festival Thursday; Explore Film Stills in the UT Libraries Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival, August 16–20, Salutes Famed Hollywood Director from Knoxville