All English 102 instruction during Spring 2021 will be held virtually. While we usually offer both digital and physical teaching collection materials to our ENG102 classes, this fall we will be offering an expanded list of digital collections that correspond to our physical teaching collection topics. These include:
Please see our Digital Teaching Collections LibGuide for more detailed information on these digital collections as well as tutorials on how to search the digital collections and how to cite research items.
For instructors who have chosen topics outside the scope of these collection, see all of our digitized primary sources here. In addition, UTK Libraries offer a wealth of databases that feature primary sources on every conceivable topic. Please do not hesitate to ask Library instructors to help you find those resources that provide the best fit.
How to Request Instruction
We ask all faculty interested in instruction to please email Outreach Librarian Allison McKittrick at email@example.com by the first day of classes, Wednesday, January 20 to plan for and schedule your sessions. Because of limited staffing and limited access to resources due to COVID, we will not be able to take requests after that date. In your email, please include:
- Topic of Inquiry
- Description of relevant course topic or assignment (please attach syllabus and assignment)
- ENG102 instructors, please specify what digital collections you would be interested in having your students research
- At least two preferred dates and times for instruction if interested in synchronous Zoom session
- Any additional information about learning objectives for the session
We will do our best to accommodate your choice of date and time, but please understand that we may not be able to guarantee your preferences. If instruction occurs synchronously through Zoom, course instructors are expected to attend the sessions with their classes.
Hours and Contact Information
- We are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 to 5:30, by phone or email.
- If you have questions, please email Allison McKittrick, Assistant Librarian for Special Collections Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
Recent NewsMore News
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive
- In Celebration of Marilou Awiakta
- Panel: Wellness and Self-Care — COVID-19 and Beyond
- In Conversation Rescheduled - May 11, 2021
- Have questions? Ask us now!
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021