Special CollectionsBetsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives
Rights and Reproductions
Rights and Reproductions
- A $10 processing/handling fee is required for all requests.
- Low resolution scans cost $3 per page.
- High resolution scans, 400 dpi minimum, cost $10 per page.
- There is no fee to digitize University of Tennessee, Knoxville theses and dissertations.
- We only accept check or money orders for. Credit card payments are not allowed.
- Scans will not be sent until payment is received. No exceptions.
- Turnaround process for requests is 3-4 weeks but may be shorter.
- Images/documents available via UT’s digital collections must be requested through Digital Library Initiatives.
Photocopies are available only to in-house researchers. Ask the person at the reading room’s front desk for additional information.
Conditions for Using Materials
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Libraries (UT Libraries) claims only physical ownership of most material in the collections. Persons wishing to broadcast or publish this material must assume all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright.
- UT Libraries in no way waives its right to future publication of the image(s) supplied to you or the right to grant others permission to use them.
- The recipient agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the University of Tennessee, its officers, employees and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions and expenses arising out of the use of reproductions provided by the UT Libraries.
- Images must be properly credited: “[Identification of Item], [Collection Name] [Collection Number, if applicable]. University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Libraries”
- UT Libraries reserves the right to restrict the use and reproduction of rare, valuable, or fragile materials. In general, duplication of entire books or collections is not permissible.
- Images for Web use may not be published at more than 72 DPI.
- UT Libraries encourages the researcher to provide this repository with one complimentary copy of the finished work.
Recent NewsMore News
- Civil War Book of the Year: “Port Hudson” from UT Press
- New Digital Collections Recently Unveiled
- Destress for Success at UT Libraries
- Oral History Project Recalls Chimney Tops 2 Wildfires
- Chimney Tops 2 Wildfires: Oral Histories Soon to be Published Online
- For Your Reference: The Archaeology of Religion
- UT Libraries Sets a Big Orange Goal
- Panel: The Asian American and Pacific Islander Perspective