Pendergrass Library has collections relevant to agriculture and veterinary medicine. An overview of our collection is available on the Resources in Our Collection page. Items mostly focus on North American agriculture practices. But, we purchase items with an international focus when appropriate.
We purchase items published recently, and we preserve materials with historical and regional interest.
Types of items:
- Books: covers areas of agriculture and veterinary medicine. We organize our items using the Library of Congress classification system.
- Articles and journals: available in-print and online.
- Government Documents – Pendergrass is state depository library for the USDA. As such, we maintain collections from federal, state, and local groups.
- Visual resources: DVDs, VHS tapes, CD-ROMS
- Leisure Reading Collection – We maintain a collection of new fiction and nonfiction books.
- Seed Library – whether you want to grow herbs, flowers, fruits, or vegetables, the Pendergrass Seed Library has a wide array. A complete list of Pendergrass’s seed offerings is available on the Libraries’ Seed Library guide
- Soil surveys – We maintain soil surveys from counties across Tennessee.
Using our Collection
Any patron may browse our collection. Information for borrowing items is available below:
Information for UT affiliates regarding borrowing items is available on the UT Libraries’ Public Services site.
Recent NewsMore News
- Our short story contest winners are …
- A Big Orange Thank-You
- Seventh Anniversary of Chimney Tops Wildfire: Explore UT Libraries Oral Histories
- New Collection Tied to Cormac McCarthy’s "Suttree" on Display
- Pendergrass Library: Digitized Theses Now Accessible Worldwide
- Apply for Funds to Archive and Share Your Data
- Evolution of Smokey Mascot Through the Years
- Library Storage Annex: Facts and Questions