Pendergrass Library has collections relevant to agriculture and veterinary medicine. An overview of our collection is available on the Resources in Our Collection page. Items mostly focus on North American agriculture practices. But, we purchase items with an international focus when appropriate.
We purchase items published recently, and we preserve materials with historical and regional interest.
Types of items:
- Books: covers areas of agriculture and veterinary medicine. We organize our items using the Library of Congress classification system.
- Articles and journals: available in-print and online.
- Government Documents – Pendergrass is state depository library for the USDA. As such, we maintain collections from federal, state, and local groups.
- Visual resources: DVDs, VHS tapes, CD-ROMS
- Leisure Reading Collection – We maintain a collection with new fiction and nonfiction books.
- Soil surveys – We maintain soil surveys from counties across Tennessee.
Using our Collection
Any patron may browse our collection. Information for borrowing items is available below:
Information for UT affiliates regarding borrowing items is available on the UT Libraries’ Public Services site.
Volunteers Basketball Media Guides
This digital collection shares the annually-published men's basketball media guides from 1952 to 1980.
Recent NewsMore News
- Announcing our Philosophy of Access to Research and Scholarship
- Pendergrass Library Closed Beginning May 23
- Students and UT Libraries Award Faculty for Using Open Educational Resources
- Neurodiversity: Panel Discussion, May 5
- Digitization Project to Preserve Senate Recordings from the 1950s and ’60s
- UT Libraries and The Wall Street Journal Partner to Bring Sponsored Memberships to Campus
- For Your Reference: Final Episode of Second Season Airing April 21
- Lecture and Book Signing: Modern Appalachian Topography