Pendergrass Library is open to both the University of Tennessee academic community and the public. Its collections include agriculture, animal care, consumer sciences, cooking, gardening, and more.
Patrons may browse our collection digitally or visit the library. Patrons must be affiliated with UT or be a member of the Library Society of UT Knoxville to borrow materials. Other patrons must use interlibrary loan from local public libraries. Contact Interlibrary Services for more information.
- Resources in Our Collection – Use this page to quickly identify subject areas within our main collection by Library of Congress Classification (LCC).
- Collection Summary – This page provides a more detailed breakdown of our collection.
- Leisure Reading Collection – Pendergrass and Hodges Libraries collaboratively develop and maintain Leisure Reading collections that include popular and recently released fiction and nonfiction books.
- Government Documents – Pendergrass is a state depository library for agriculture publications. In keeping with Government Printing Office (GPO) guidelines, we maintain specific collections from federal, state, and local authorities.
- Soil Surveys – We maintain a collection of soil surveys from counties across Tennessee and other states. See our list of Tennessee Soil Surveys by County for holdings at Pendergrass Library. Survey maps are available at the Hoskins Storage & Reading Room.
- TRACE (Tennessee Research and Creative Exchange) is UT’s open access digital repository for the creative and scholarly works of its academic, administrative, and research communities. We are an active contributor to the TRACE collection and are currently uploading materials from Agriculture Research (formerly Agriculture Experiment Station) and historical papers from the UT Institute of Agriculture (UTIA).
Tennessee Volunteers Magazine
Published by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department to provide articles and statistics on a variety of sports.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Study Rooms Available for Reservations
- In Conversation: Family Hiking in the Smokies
- For Your Reference: Second Season Premiere
- DeVine and Pendergrass Libraries to Close Early Sept. 2
- Masks Now Required in All Libraries
- Teaching Equipment and Spaces
- SGA and Open Education Working Group Announce the 2020 OER Awards
- Pendergrass Library reopens July 26