Pendergrass Library has collections relevant to agriculture and veterinary medicine. An overview of our collection is available on the Resources in Our Collection page. Items mostly focus on North American agriculture practices. But, we purchase items with an international focus when appropriate.
We purchase items published recently, and we preserve materials with historical and regional interest.
Types of items:
- Books: covers areas of agriculture and veterinary medicine. We organize our items using the Library of Congress classification system.
- Articles and journals: available in-print and online.
- Government Documents – Pendergrass is state depository library for the USDA. As such, we maintain collections from federal, state, and local groups.
- Visual resources: DVDs, VHS tapes, CD-ROMS
- Leisure Reading Collection – We maintain a collection with new fiction and nonfiction books.
- Soil surveys – We maintain soil surveys from counties across Tennessee.
Using our Collection
Any patron may browse our collection. Information for borrowing items is available below:
Information for UT affiliates regarding borrowing items is available on the UT Libraries’ Public Services site.
Tennessee Volunteers Magazine
Published by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department to provide articles and statistics on a variety of sports.
Recent NewsMore News
- Civil War Book of the Year: “Port Hudson” from UT Press
- New Digital Collections Recently Unveiled
- Destress for Success at UT Libraries
- Oral History Project Recalls Chimney Tops 2 Wildfires
- Chimney Tops 2 Wildfires: Oral Histories Soon to be Published Online
- For Your Reference: The Archaeology of Religion
- UT Libraries Sets a Big Orange Goal
- Panel: The Asian American and Pacific Islander Perspective