Mission and History
Pendergrass serves those seeking information in areas important to UTIA and the state of Tennessee. Our users can expect:
- Helpful responses from skilled staff
- Patron privacy
- Polite and timely service
- Informed and unbiased completion of requests
- Proactive and creative solutions to problems and requests
- Respect for all questions and the best answers
- and new ideas
Older annual reports are available on the Historical Annual Reports Page.
A Brief History
- Pendergrass has been supporting UTIA since the late 19th century.
- Originally located in Morrill Hall, Pendergrass moved to Morgan Hall 1921. Its current home is in the Veterinary Medicine Building.
A more complete history can be found online in TRACE:
Smith, Horace C. “Chapter III: Buildings, Farms, Library and Other Facilities.” An Honored Calling: A History of the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources. Institute of Agriculture: Knoxville, TN (1999): 31.
Recent NewsMore News
- Henry Luce Foundation Grant to Fund Programs Highlighting Beauford Delaney Papers
- Writing Blitz, March 29
- Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
- A Conversation with Appalachian Filmmakers
- Early Printed Bibles on View during Shakespeare Symposium
- Accessible to All — Resources to Learn More About Disabilities
- Financial Hardship and Food Insecurity on Campus: Panel Discussion, March 9
- Share Your UT Libraries Love Story!
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 26 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 27 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Game NightMar. 27 at 7pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Group Study Area