Pendergrass serves those seeking information in areas important to UTIA and the state of Tennessee. Our users can expect:
- Helpful responses from skilled staff
- Patron privacy
- Polite and timely service
- Informed and unbiased completion of requests
- Proactive and creative solutions to problems and requests
- Respect for all questions and the best answers
- and new ideas
Older annual reports are available on the Historical Annual Reports Page.
A Brief History
- Pendergrass has been supporting UTIA since the late 19th century.
- Originally located in Morrill Hall, Pendergrass moved to Morgan Hall 1921. Its current home is in the Veterinary Medicine Building.
A more complete history can be found online in TRACE:
Smith, Horace C. “Chapter III: Buildings, Farms, Library and Other Facilities.” An Honored Calling: A History of the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources. Institute of Agriculture: Knoxville, TN (1999): 31.
Our online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions.
Recent NewsMore News
- Our short story contest winners are …
- DeStress for Success
- Event: Title IX — Impact on UT and Beyond
- Big Orange Give Celebrates Tenth Anniversary
- Queer Conversations: Join us October 11
- UT Libraries Unveils Digital Membership Card for Donors
- "Bearing the Torch": A Conversation with Bob Hutton and Jack Neely
- Game Nights at Hodges Library Begin Sept. 21