Pendergrass serves those seeking information in areas important to UTIA and the state of Tennessee. Our users can expect:
- Helpful responses from skilled staff
- Patron privacy
- Polite and timely service
- Informed and unbiased completion of requests
- Proactive and creative solutions to problems and requests
- Respect for all questions and the best answers
- and new ideas
Older annual reports are available on the Historical Annual Reports Page.
A Brief History
- Pendergrass has been supporting UTIA since the late 19th century.
- Originally located in Morrill Hall, Pendergrass moved to Morgan Hall 1921. Its current home is in the Veterinary Medicine Building.
A more complete history can be found online in TRACE:
Smith, Horace C. “Chapter III: Buildings, Farms, Library and Other Facilities.” An Honored Calling: A History of the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources. Institute of Agriculture: Knoxville, TN (1999): 31.
Volunteers Basketball Media Guides
This digital collection shares the annually-published men's basketball media guides from 1952 to 1980.
Recent NewsMore News
- Announcing our Philosophy of Access to Research and Scholarship
- Pendergrass Library Closed Beginning May 23
- Students and UT Libraries Award Faculty for Using Open Educational Resources
- Neurodiversity: Panel Discussion, May 5
- Digitization Project to Preserve Senate Recordings from the 1950s and ’60s
- UT Libraries and The Wall Street Journal Partner to Bring Sponsored Memberships to Campus
- For Your Reference: Final Episode of Second Season Airing April 21
- Lecture and Book Signing: Modern Appalachian Topography