The Friends of the Knox County Public Library established the Wilma Dykeman Stokely Memorial Lecture in 2007 to honor the late writer, speaker, teacher, historian, environmentalist and friend of local libraries. Friends of the Knox County Public Library and the Library Society of the University of Tennessee have co-sponsored the lecture since 2014.
Speakers represent a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and work, but all have a deep connection to one or more of Stokely’s passions: Appalachia, the environment, and racial and gender equity.
Previous Lecture Guests
2016: Robert Morgan
2015: Dom Flemons
2014: Ron Rash
Library Development Review
Discover more about the unique happenings at UT Libraries.
Recent NewsMore News
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
- Exhibit: “Unveiled: Four Centuries of Apocalyptic Visions”
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services