The Friends of the Knox County Public Library established the Wilma Dykeman Stokely Memorial Lecture in 2007 to honor the late writer, speaker, teacher, historian, environmentalist and friend of local libraries. Friends of the Knox County Public Library and the Library Society of the University of Tennessee have co-sponsored the lecture since 2014.
Speakers represent a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and work, but all have a deep connection to one or more of Stokely’s passions: Appalachia, the environment, and racial and gender equity.
2022 Wilma Dykeman Stokely Memorial Lecture
Previous Lecture Guests
2016: Robert Morgan
2015: Dom Flemons
2014: Ron Rash
Library Development Review
Discover more about the unique happenings at UT Libraries.
Recent NewsMore News
- Announcing our Philosophy of Access to Research and Scholarship
- Pendergrass Library Closed Beginning May 23
- Students and UT Libraries Award Faculty for Using Open Educational Resources
- Neurodiversity: Panel Discussion, May 5
- Digitization Project to Preserve Senate Recordings from the 1950s and ’60s
- UT Libraries and The Wall Street Journal Partner to Bring Sponsored Memberships to Campus
- For Your Reference: Final Episode of Second Season Airing April 21
- Lecture and Book Signing: Modern Appalachian Topography