The Friends of the Knox County Public Library established the Wilma Dykeman Stokely Memorial Lecture in 2007 to honor the late writer, speaker, teacher, historian, environmentalist and friend of local libraries. Friends of the Knox County Public Library and the Library Society of the University of Tennessee have co-sponsored the lecture since 2014.
Speakers represent a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and work, but all have a deep connection to one or more of Stokely’s passions: Appalachia, the environment, and racial and gender equity.
2020 Wilma Dykeman Stokely Memorial Lecture
Previous Lecture Guests
2016: Robert Morgan
2015: Dom Flemons
2014: Ron Rash
Library Development Review
Discover more about the unique happenings at UT Libraries.
Recent NewsMore News
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5
- Hodges Library Now Open til Midnight, Sunday – Friday
- Hodges Library Now Closing at 10 pm, Sunday - Friday
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.