The upcoming Medbery Makerspace in Hodges Library will provide students access to the tools they need to succeed.
The Library Society of the University of Tennessee helps the UT Libraries fulfill its vision to be an indispensable partner to every member of the Volunteer community as they discover and advance knowledge, engage with society, and strive for excellence. Through monetary gifts and engagement with library programs, we proudly support resources and services for the more than 2.1 million individuals who walk through the doors of the university libraries each year.
WHAT WE DO
ADVOCATE: We uphold the ideals of the UT Libraries by acting as advocates for free access to information and furthering an appreciation of research collections.
ADVANCE: Private funds propel study and research at the university by improving library collections and services, ensuring UT Libraries remains one of the top 25 academic research libraries in the U.S.
PROMOTE: Our special programs provide access to collections and services, bring together community members who share an enthusiasm for libraries and learning, and raise awareness of the value of the university libraries to the community, to the state, and to researchers around the world.
Make a donation of $100 or more and become a member of the Library Society of the University of Tennessee today! Members at the $100+ level enjoy borrowing privileges at the UT Libraries. See more giving opportunities here.
Become a member by giving securely online or via mail by sending a check* to:
The Library Society of the University of Tennessee
606 John C. Hodges Library
Knoxville, TN 37996
*please make checks out to The University of Tennessee Foundation Inc.
Gifts to the UT Foundation are tax deductible. We are so grateful for your support!
Library Development Review
Discover more about the unique happenings at UT Libraries.
Recent NewsMore News
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED
- EBSCO eBooks - System Maintenance - February 20, 2020
- ProQuest Databases Down for Scheduled Maintenance - 10 pm EST Sat., Feb. 8 until 4 am EST Sun., Feb.9, 2020
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Alert: problems accessing e-resources
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
Upcoming EventsMore Events
- Important: All events will be held virtually. Event details will be updated.
Census Research Tools WorkshopApr. 2 @ 9:30amJohn C Hodges Library - 213
Foreign film: Song of the SeaApr. 7 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium
UT Libraries Game NightApr. 22 @ 6pmJohn C Hodges Library - 209