Resource Sharing serves UT Knoxville faculty, staff, and students by locating and delivering material not available at the University Libraries.
Please take this opportunity to make sure to review “Your Account” settings within ILLiad and make sure your departmental address is correct. If you no longer want campus delivery, please update your account to reflect this or contact us and we will make the changes for you.
Place and track orders.
Be aware of these two important policies:
No Textbooks – Resource Sharing cannot serve as a replacement for purchasing your course textbooks. Requests for titles on the current textbook list will be cancelled. If you find acquiring any course text difficult, inform your instructor and request placement of course materials into our Reserve Collection.
No Repeat Loans – Resource Sharing provides short-term loans (2-4 weeks average). Do not reorder the same item multiple times. If you need a book longer than a typical interlibrary loan and one renewal provides, consider recommending the item for library purchase.
Tips for Faster Service
- Always verify that we do not already have access to the needed item by searching in OneSearch.
- Make sure your citations are as accurate as possible, including authors, titles, and ISSN’s or ISBN’s when available. Inclusion of ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC number may result in faster, automated processing.
- Only include the exact information requested in the fields. Character limits prevent us from seeing extra information. Use the notes field to provide additional information, preferences, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Celebrates Staff and Campus Partners During Annual Spirit Awards Ceremony
- If Your Digital Content Isn’t Accessible, You Could Be Leaving Behind Up to a Billion Users
- Announcing the Library Scholarship Winner, Onyx Bard
- Congrats to Spring 2023 Graduating Library Student Workers!
- De-Stress for Success During Finals
- Digital Collections: Look Back at Your Own UT College Days with Volunteer Yearbooks and Commencement Programs
- Library Faculty Take Campus Leadership Roles
- Digital Collections — Knoxville Gardens: 100 Years Ago