Notice: Over the Winter Holiday the UT Libraries will transition to a new cloud-hosted “backend” for its integrated library system. Beginning at 8 p.m. on December 11, there will be a brief disruption of Library Express delivery, pick-up, and scan-on-demand services.
This past semester we launched a major upgrade to the Libraries’ discovery portal. By the time students return for the spring semester, our massive database of library holdings will reside in the cloud. And behind-the-scenes processing, such as ordering, cataloging, and circulation of library materials, also will take place in the cloud.
For the most part, changes will be completely invisible to the library user. But users will notice some improvements to the library catalog, such as fewer clicks to request items. Buttons to “View It” (for electronic items) or “Get It” (for physical items) will display along with the initial results to a OneSearch query.
Library Express delivery, pick-up, and scan-on-demand will be back in business on Monday, December 29. If users have questions about Library Express or document delivery services, they may phone 865-974-0021 or email email@example.com
Library Express (LX) delivers books, bound periodicals, maps, CDs and other ‘loanable’ materials from the Hodges Library, Hoskins Storage, and Knoxville campus libraries. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
Don’t have time to go to the library and copy articles you need? Use our SCAN ON DEMAND SERVICE. We will scan print and microform materials and deliver copies as PDFs to your email account. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
How it works
- Find the material you want to borrow using the library catalog.
- Display the Item information then Request an Item Pickup or Delivery or Article or Chapter Scan.
- When prompted, log in with your NetID & Password.
- Select your preferred Campus Delivery or Library Pickup location and complete form.
- Campus Delivery is only available to UTK faculty, graduate students, and staff with departmental offices. Sorry, we can’t delivery to individual offices.
- All others, use Library Pickup and collect loans at Hodges, AgVetMed, or Music libraries or at the Hoskins Storage Reading Room.
- LX sends you an email notice once your order is ready for pickup or is en route to your department.
- Allow 1-2 business days for delivery (M-F).
Can’t find the items you need in the UT Libraries Catalog?
UTK students, faculty, and staff may request loans and copies of materials unavailable locally via Interlibrary Services.
Library Express Office
108 Hodges Library
Phone: (865) 974-0021
Library Express Hours
M-F: 8am – 4:30pm