Library Express (LX) delivers books, bound periodicals, maps, CDs and other ‘loanable’ materials from the Hodges Library, Hoskins Storage, and Knoxville campus libraries. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
Don’t have time to go to the library and copy articles you need? Use our SCAN ON DEMAND SERVICE. We will scan print and microform materials and deliver copies as PDFs to your email account. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
How it works
- Find the material you want to borrow using the library catalog.
- Display the Item information then Request an Item Pickup or Delivery or Article or Chapter Scan.
- When prompted, log in with your NetID & Password.
- Select your preferred Campus Delivery or Library Pickup location and complete form.
- Campus Delivery is only available to UTK faculty, graduate students, and staff with departmental offices. Sorry, we can’t delivery to individual offices.
- All others, use Library Pickup and collect loans at Hodges, AgVetMed, or Music libraries or at the Hoskins Storage Reading Room.
- LX sends you an email notice once your order is ready for pickup or is en route to your department.
- Allow 1-2 business days for delivery (M-F).
Can’t find the items you need in the UT Libraries Catalog?
UTK students, faculty, and staff may request loans and copies of materials unavailable locally via Interlibrary Services.
Library Express Office
108 Hodges Library
Phone: (865) 974-0021
Library Express Hours
M-F: 8am – 4:30pm