Place and track ILS orders.
ILS serves UT Knoxville faculty, staff, and students by locating and delivering material not available at the University Libraries.
Please be aware of these two important policies:
No Textbooks – ILS cannot serve as a replacement for purchasing your course textbooks. Requests for titles on the current textbook list will be cancelled. If you find acquiring any course text difficult, inform your instructor and request placement of course materials into our Reserve Collection.
No Repeat Loans – ILS provides short-term loans (2-4 weeks average). Do not reorder the same item multiple times. If you need a book longer than a typical interlibrary loan and one renewal provides, consider recommending the item for library purchase.
Tips for Faster Service
- Always verify that we do not own the needed item by searching the UT Library Catalog.
- Make sure your citations are as accurate as possible, including authors, titles, and ISSN’s or ISBN’s when available.
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace