6/25/2020 – Plan to return your ILS loans when you come back to campus for Fall Semester. We will not be updating due dates in your ILLiad accounts, but there will be no overdue notices or blocks until after we resume regular services. Let us know if you have any questions. – Kathleen, ILS
6/22/2020 – Please resume submitting your requests but watch for the confirmation message after you click submit. If the request does not go through, please send us a message at email@example.com letting us know the type of request (loan or copy) and what time it was.
Thank you for your patience with us,
Interlibrary Services serves UT Knoxville faculty, staff, and students by locating and delivering material not available at the University Libraries.
Place and track ILS orders.Logon to ILLiad
ILS Patrons – Important Notice regarding service changes. 3/12/2020
Because Libraries services are online only effective 3/13/2020, we will be making changes to the services we provide.
We will not order any returnable material – books, microfilm, dvd’s, etc.. until the University resumes normal operations. There may be material already ordered that will come in during this time and we will notify you as normal. You will be able to pick up any material once the library reopens when the University and the Libraries resume normal operation.
We will increase the due dates for books currently on loan so you won’t have to get them back until 30 June 2020. If the University increases the Online Only time, this may be adjusted.
Please contact us if you any questions about these changes or any ILS issue
Kathleen Thornton, ILS
Frequently Asked Questions
Please be aware of these two important policies:
No Textbooks – ILS cannot serve as a replacement for purchasing your course textbooks. Requests for titles on the current textbook list will be cancelled. If you find acquiring any course text difficult, inform your instructor and request placement of course materials into our Reserve Collection.
No Repeat Loans – ILS provides short-term loans (2-4 weeks average). Do not reorder the same item multiple times. If you need a book longer than a typical interlibrary loan and one renewal provides, consider recommending the item for library purchase.
Tips for Faster Service
- Always verify that we do not own the needed item by searching the UT Library Catalog.
- Make sure your citations are as accurate as possible, including authors, titles, and ISSN’s or ISBN’s when available.
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.
- National Endowment for the Arts Will Fund Wildfire Recovery Project
- ProQuest Ebook Central and LibCentral - down for maintenance June 27, 2020
- Steve Smith to Lead Fall Semester Planning; Holly Mercer Will Serve as Acting Dean