Interlibrary Services serves UT Knoxville faculty, staff, and students by locating and delivering material not available at the University Libraries.
Place and track ILS orders.Logon to ILLiad
ILS Patrons – Important Notice regarding service changes. 3/12/2020
Because Libraries services are online only effective 3/13/2020, we will be making changes to the services we provide.
We will not order any returnable material – books, microfilm, dvd’s, etc.. until the University resumes normal operations. There may be material already ordered that will come in during this time and we will notify you as normal. You will be able to pick up any material once the library reopens when the University and the Libraries resume normal operation.
We will increase the due dates for books currently on loan so they won’t be due until at least 3 April 2020. If the University increases the Online Only time, this may be adjusted.
Please contact us if you any questions about these changes or any ILS issue
Kathleen Thornton, ILS
Frequently Asked Questions
Please be aware of these two important policies:
No Textbooks – ILS cannot serve as a replacement for purchasing your course textbooks. Requests for titles on the current textbook list will be cancelled. If you find acquiring any course text difficult, inform your instructor and request placement of course materials into our Reserve Collection.
No Repeat Loans – ILS provides short-term loans (2-4 weeks average). Do not reorder the same item multiple times. If you need a book longer than a typical interlibrary loan and one renewal provides, consider recommending the item for library purchase.
Tips for Faster Service
- Always verify that we do not own the needed item by searching the UT Library Catalog.
- Make sure your citations are as accurate as possible, including authors, titles, and ISSN’s or ISBN’s when available.
Explore our Digital Collections
University of Tennessee Libraries Digital Collections have a new look and are now easier to search and discover.
Recent NewsMore News
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED
- EBSCO eBooks - System Maintenance - February 20, 2020
- ProQuest Databases Down for Scheduled Maintenance - 10 pm EST Sat., Feb. 8 until 4 am EST Sun., Feb.9, 2020
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Alert: problems accessing e-resources
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
Upcoming EventsMore Events
- Important: All events will be held virtually. Event details will be updated.
Census Research Tools WorkshopApr. 2 @ 9:30amJohn C Hodges Library - 213
Foreign film: Song of the SeaApr. 7 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium
UT Libraries Game NightApr. 22 @ 6pmJohn C Hodges Library - 209