Place and track ILS orders.
ILS serves UT Knoxville faculty, staff, and students by locating and delivering material not available at the University Libraries.
Please be aware of these two important policies:
No Textbooks – ILS cannot serve as a replacement for purchasing your course textbooks. Requests for titles on the current textbook list will be cancelled. If you find acquiring any course text difficult, inform your instructor and request placement of course materials into our Reserve Collection.
No Repeat Loans – ILS provides short-term loans (2-4 weeks average). Do not reorder the same item multiple times. If you need a book longer than a typical interlibrary loan and one renewal provides, consider recommending the item for library purchase.
Tips for Faster Service
- Always verify that we do not own the needed item by searching the UT Library Catalog.
- Make sure your citations are as accurate as possible, including authors, titles, and ISSN’s or ISBN’s when available.
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- Potential Interruption of Online Library Services on Saturday, Nov. 23
- Walk-in Access to Map Collection and Library Materials in Storage Reduced to One Day Per Week
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals