Due to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of you and our staff, the delivery of library material to departmental offices and satellite locations is suspended. Library Express will still pull material from the libraries’ collection for pickup at Hodges Library, Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library, or De Vine Music Library. Scans from journal articles and book chapters from our print and microform collection will still be available via PDF documents sent to your email.
About Hold For Pick-Up
Who is eligible?
UTK faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergrads.
How do I make a request?
Log into OneSearch, and find the desired title. Display the full record, and click on Request an Item for Pickup.
When will I get my items?
Normally, your requested will be fulfilled within 1-2 business days (Monday-Friday); however, due to COVID-19, your request will be quarantined at the Public Services desk for 3 days before it is available for pickup.
How will I know when my materials are ready?
We will email you when the item is ready for pick up.
Are there materials Library Express will not pull?
Materials located in Reference, Special Collections, Reserves, and the Law Library are not eligible for delivery. If you don’t see a delivery option after you’ve logged into OneSearch, then that item is not eligible for hold for pick-up.
If you need a book or journal article from Preston Medical Library, submit an interlibrary loan request through ILLiad.
Is there a limit to how many items I can request?
To ensure that we can deliver materials to all users in a timely manner, we limit the number of delivery requests to 20 items per day.
Why was my request cancelled?
If we cannot locate the item on the shelf, we will search for it up to 3 business days. If we find it, we will let you know by email. Otherwise, we will notify you that the request is cancelled. You can then get the item through interlibrary loan.
Explore our digital collections
The Catalogues of Walden University, consisting of five catalogs published between 1900 and 1917, are available as a digital collection.
Recent NewsMore News
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues- 4 Feb. 2021
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL) Online - downtime between February 1 and February 15, 2021.
- Elsevier access issues resolved -- 29 January 2021
- ScienceDirect, Scopus, and other Elsevier products- are experiencing technical issues
- How to Library: Spring 2021