Don’t have time to visit the library? Use Library Express, a free service for all UTK faculty, staff, and students. We will
- Deliver library materials to your department and pick them up when you’re ready to return them.
- Retrieve items for pick-up at your nearest campus library.
- Provide PDF files of journal articles and book chapters from our print and microform collection.
About Departmental Delivery
Who is eligible?
UTK faculty, staff, and graduate students.
Where does Library Express deliver?
We deliver materials for faculty, staff, and graduate students to a designated location in your department, usually the main office, mail room or other central point.
Items for UT Hospital faculty, staff, and residents are delivered to Preston Medical Library.
How do I change my delivery address?
You can change your delivery address by logging into OneSearch with your NetID and password. Click on your name, then My Account. You can then edit the address in the Personal Details section. See these instructions for more information.
When will I get my items?
Normally, you will get your materials within 1-2 business days (Monday-Friday).
How will I know when my materials are ready?
We will email you when the item is on its way.
Are there materials Library Express will not deliver?
Materials located in Reference, Special Collections, Reserves, and the Law Library are not eligible for delivery. If you don’t see a delivery option after you’ve logged into OneSearch, then that item is not eligible for Library Express.
If you need a book or journal article from Preston Medical Library, submit an interlibrary loan request through ILLiad.
Is there a limit to how many items I can have delivered?
To ensure that we can deliver materials to all users in a timely manner, we limit the number of delivery requests to 20 items per day.
Can I pick up my request at the library?
Yes, the materials will be waiting for you at the service desks of Hodges, Pendergrass, DeVine, or the Storage Reading Room. Just use the same process as requesting delivery, and select the desired library location.
Why haven’t I received my materials?
- Look around your department’s mail room to see if the package was placed in someone else’s box or placed near the boxes because it was too large to fit.
- Check with your office staff to see if they have seen the item.
- Double check your email to make certain that the notice was for delivery and not to inform you that the item was missing.
- Contact Library Express at 974-0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Why was my request cancelled?
If we cannot locate the item on the shelf, we will search for it up to 3 business days. If we find it, we will let you know by email. Otherwise, we will notify you that the request is cancelled. You can then get the item through interlibrary loan.
Why was my delivery request changed to ‘hold for pick up’?
If you have a block on your account, the system automatically changes the request to “hold for pick up.” Just stop by the library service desk to pay fines and/or resolve other account issues before you check out the item.
Will you pick up books checked out to me?
Yes, we will pick up library materials from the drop-off location in your department. We’ll also pick up your interlibrary loan items. You will need to notify us when you’re ready to return your materials by contacting us (974-0021, email@example.com) or filling out the online pickup form. Remember to tell us how many items you are returning.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13