The Hoskins Library Storage & Reading Room provides library patrons walk-in access to storage materials. It is designed for on-site use when it is necessary to use a number of volumes of a print series or many reels of microfilm. The Map Collection provides reference services for map and geography related questions, and its collections and services are open to UT staff and students, as well as the general public. The map collection houses a collection of atlases, books, and over 300,000 sheet maps.
THE HOSKINS READING ROOM WILL BE CLOSED FROM MONDAY, DECEMBER 14 TROUGH WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20. YOU CAN STILL REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT DURING THIS TIME for when we reopen BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Hoskins Reading Room COVID-19 Access
Hoskins Reading Room is open by appointment only. Appointment blocks are available from Tuesday through Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. To book time, please follow the outlined steps and see the current policy for your visit.
STEP 1. Request an appointment.
Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and block of time you would like to reserve. In the email, include a list of the material you wish to view, including as much information as possible, e.g. title, volume/issue, call number.
STEP 2. Wait for a staff member to contact you to confirm the details for your appointment request. Responses may take up to two working days.
STEP 3. (Non-UT faculty, staff, or student only) Complete a visitor health screening form. The form is available here: https://research.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/48/2020/07/Health-Screening-Form-Content-for-Visitors-6_15_20-accessible.pdf. Return the form as an email attachment to email@example.com after we verify your appointment date/time and before your visit. If you are making reservations to come on multiple days, a new form must be completed and sent before you arrive each day you visit.
The Hoskins storage reading room is located on the second floor of Hoskins Library in room 200. Please knock on the door when you arrive. Metered parking is available on the street behind Hoskins Library.
Reading Room Policies
- Visitors are required to maintain social distancing of at least six feet and wear face coverings while in the reading room.
- One form of photo ID must be presented upon arrival for the scheduled appointment.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited.
For additional assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 865-974-6214 and leaving a message.
For map-related inquiries or appointments, contact map librarian Greg March (email@example.com or 974-3878).
Due to the changing situation regarding the COVID 19 pandemic, please be aware that policies may change with little advance notice.
Request Storage Materials: Storage Reading Room also provides delivery, pick-up, and email scans of storage materials, all at no charge.
Explore our digital collections
The Catalogues of Walden University, consisting of five catalogs published between 1900 and 1917, are available as a digital collection.
Recent NewsMore News
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues- 4 Feb. 2021
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL) Online - downtime between February 1 and February 15, 2021.
- Elsevier access issues resolved -- 29 January 2021
- ScienceDirect, Scopus, and other Elsevier products- are experiencing technical issues
- How to Library: Spring 2021