The Collection Strategy unit works with subject librarians and faculty to provide information resources to support teaching, research and public service needs of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
Each campus department designates a faculty member to serve as a liaison to the Libraries and to work with subject librarians to facilitate communication about library resources and services.
A committee of humanities faculty and librarians meet each spring to acquire specialized research material for the humanities.
New Faculty Funds
The Libraries’ collection often needs strengthening to support the specialized research areas of new faculty. Endowment funds are available for the first three years of their UT appointment. Contact your subject librarian to request one-time purchases.
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019