We periodically conduct broad surveys of the campus about our users’ needs and the service quality provided by the Libraries. These surveys have taken various forms over the years. Custom-designed, homegrown surveys were used in 1994, 1998, and 2000. To enable peer comparisons, the LibQual+ survey, developed by the Association of Research Libraries, was administered in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, and 2013. Concerns with the complexity of the LibQual+ instrument led to the use of LibQual+ Lite in 2013 and its replacement with the MISO instrument in 2017 and 2019.
Like LibQual+, the MISO survey is a professionally designed and centrally administrated survey that has been used by hundreds of academic libraries since its initial release in 2005. While originally designed in the context of liberal arts colleges with combined administration of library and information technology services, the instrument can be customized through selection from a large bank of tested questions. At the University of Tennessee, patrons have only been asked questions relevant to library services.
Survey results linked below are available to Libraries faculty and staff. Others needing access to details of the various surveys should contact the Assessment Programs Librarian.
- 2019 MISO Survey (Interactive Report)
- 2017 MISO Survey
- 2013 LibQUAL+ Lite Survey
- 2009 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2006 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2004 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2002 LibQUAL+ Survey
- 2000 Libraries User Survey
- 1998 Libraries User Survey
- 1994 Needs Assessment
In 2009, in addition to the LibQual survey of the campus, we conducted an In-Library survey to gain in-detail knowledge of the use of our physical spaces. Surveys were distributed to library visitors, who were asked about the purpose of that individual visit. 2009 In-Library User Survey
Explore our digital collections
The Catalogues of Walden University, consisting of five catalogs published between 1900 and 1917, are available as a digital collection.
Recent NewsMore News
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues- 4 Feb. 2021
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL) Online - downtime between February 1 and February 15, 2021.
- Elsevier access issues resolved -- 29 January 2021
- ScienceDirect, Scopus, and other Elsevier products- are experiencing technical issues
- How to Library: Spring 2021