The following series of reports track essential measurements of the UT Knoxville Libraries over the past six academic years. Interested in a particular subarea? Use these quick links:
Loans and Requests
Downloadable overviews of the statistics are available in a printer-friendly form below.
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) is a membership organization of the largest research libraries in North America. The ARL has conducted a major survey on the collections, expenditures, staffing, and service activities of its members annually since 1961. The data thus collected combine with earlier data collected by James Gerould to form a consistent dataset covering 1907 to the present. Tennessee has contributed data to the survey since 1963.
Since 2003, ARL has calculated the Library Investment Index, which is “a measure of relative size” and investment among peer institutions that does not serve to measure the quality or success of a library’s services.
Library Investment Index for TENNESSEE (2003-2018)
|Year||Total Prof. + Support Staff||Total Materials Expenditures ($)||Professional Salaries & Wages ($)||Total Library Expenditures ($)||ARL Investment Index Score||Rank in ARL Investment Index||Rank among U.S. Public Universities|
Statistics Reports for Staff
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13