The following series of reports track essential measurements of the UT Knoxville Libraries over the past six academic years.
Loans and Requests
Downloadable overviews of the statistics are available in a printer-friendly form below.
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) is a membership organization of the largest research libraries in North America. The ARL has conducted a major survey on the collections, expenditures, staffing, and service activities of its members annually since 1961. The data thus collected combine with earlier data collected by James Gerould to form a consistent dataset covering 1907 to the present. Tennessee has contributed data to the survey since 1963.
Since 2003, ARL has calculated the Library Investment Index, which is “a measure of relative size” and investment among peer institutions that does not serve to measure the quality or success of a library’s services.
Library Investment Index for TENNESSEE (2009-2018)
|Year||Total Prof. + Support Staff||Total Materials Spending|
|Professional Salaries & Wages ($)||Total Library Spending |
|ARL Index Score||ARL Index Rank||Rank among U.S. Public Universities|
Statistics Reports for Staff
Explore our digital collections
The Catalogues of Walden University, consisting of five catalogs published between 1900 and 1917, are available as a digital collection.
Recent NewsMore News
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues- 4 Feb. 2021
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL) Online - downtime between February 1 and February 15, 2021.
- Elsevier access issues resolved -- 29 January 2021
- ScienceDirect, Scopus, and other Elsevier products- are experiencing technical issues
- How to Library: Spring 2021