Special CollectionsBetsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives
Selected items from the Fawcett Theatre Collection, including photographs, diaries, clippings, playbills, and dramatic works, as well as a short bibliography.
Clippings and Articles
Cover of prompt book for the dramatic work Black-Eyed Susan, signed “Owen Fawcett, 1870”
(Box 16, Folder 5)
Inside view of Black-Eyed Susan prompt book
(Box 16, Folder 5)
Boston Museum Company Correspondence. Harvard Theatre Collection. Harvard College Library. http://hcl.harvard.edu/ (Last Accessed 20 April 2004). [Collection contains information on Owen Fawcett.]
“Fawcett, Owen.” Who Was Who in America — A Companion Volume to Who’s Who in America. Volume 1897-1942. Chicago: A.N. Marquis Company, 1943. [pg. 388].
Folger Shakespeare Library. http://www.folger.edu (Last Accessed 20 April 2004). [Contains several items regarding Owen Fawcett, including dramatic works and books.]
“Owen Fawcett.” Internet Broadway Database. http://www.ibdb.com/ (Last Accessed 15 April 2004). [Contains some information on specific plays in which Owen Fawcett performed.]
McNeill, Sarah Brown. March 1973. The Theatre of Owen Fawcett; Half a Century as a Supporting Player, 1853-1903. Dissertation. University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Call Number: Thesis73b.M225.
Philip K. Ward Collection of Theatrical Images, 1856-1910. Ms. Coll. 331. University of Pennsylvania Library. Annenberg Rare Book and Manuscript Library Collection.http://www.library.upenn.edu/collections/rbm/photos/theater/ (Last Accessed 15 April 2004). [Contains digital images of Owen Fawcett, Helena Modjeska, Edwin Booth, Fanny Davenport, Lawrence Barrett, and many other actors.]
Taylor, Orla Benedict. 1931. A Few Reminiscences of the Stage. In Papers, 1931-1941. Taylor, Orla Benedict, 1865-1945. University of Michigan Special Collections Library. https://www.lib.umich.edu/special-collections-library (Last Accessed 20 April 2004).
Recent NewsMore News
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
- Exhibit: “Unveiled: Four Centuries of Apocalyptic Visions”
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services