Special CollectionsBetsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives
One of Special Collection’s main collection strengths is the Civil War and Reconstruction Era. In addition to images and military documents – such as muster rolls, generals’ orders, and supply requests – the department also houses a significant amount of correspondence and journals from the time period. As a collective whole, these materials chronicle the evolution of the American Civil War and the immediate aftermath. UT Libraries’ Digital Civil War Collection provides a selection of digitized journals and correspondence. These materials provide unique insight into the era’s military and regional culture by capturing the perspectives and personal experiences of soldiers as well as civilians affected by the war through personal relationships or geographic location. In addition, these materials record political opinions and regional attitudes about topical issues such as slavery and poverty. Each item includes a digital scan of the original document accompanied by a full text transcript.
Recent NewsMore News
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5
- Hodges Library Now Open til Midnight, Sunday – Friday
- Hodges Library Now Closing at 10 pm, Sunday - Friday
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.