The Libraries support the needs of the university community by providing patrons with resources needed to expedite GIS use for teaching and research. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Services is responsible for developing geospatial collections (both commercial and public domain) needed by our patrons.
The following assistance is available to students, faculty, and staff who are involved with a GIS-related project, research, or assignment:
- Evaluating GIS as a suitable tool for solving a research need
- GIS projects
- Locating spatial data
- Formatting and projecting spatial data
- GPS questions
- ESRI Virtual Campus Training – UT Affiliates interested in free virtual (self paced) GIS training with ESRI software (ESRI Virtual Campus) can choose from a list of courses. After selecting a course(s), please email Eric Arnold, GIS Specialist, who will send you course codes with instructions. Please use your UTK email address when emailing.
Please call (865) 974-8570 or email Eric Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org, GIS Specialist to get started or visit the UT Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Services Hub for more information.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13