Open research helps increase the visibility of important discoveries and extend them to new places. It also helps to increase participation in research by underrepresented and underfunded groups. The open research ecosystem extends beyond just open access to data and publications. The principles of openness in research should extend to the entire research lifecycle, including education.
The Open Research Toolkit is an open educational resource for learning open research concepts and skills. All material is shared on the Open Science Framework under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license.
The Open Sandbox
Join us for an exploration of open source digital research tools. Workshops are open to all.
Recent NewsMore News
- Tell Us How We’re Doing: Take the Library’s Survey
- Rising from the Ashes: Artists Panel Discussion, February 10
- Save the Date: The 2022 Wilma Dykeman Stokely Memorial Lecture - March 3
- Civil War Book of the Year: “Port Hudson” from UT Press
- New Digital Collections Recently Unveiled
- Destress for Success at UT Libraries
- Oral History Project Recalls Chimney Tops 2 Wildfires
- Chimney Tops 2 Wildfires: Oral Histories Soon to be Published Online