- In 2009, content of African American Music was absorbed into American Song online. Content can be accessed via American Song or Music Online.
- American Song is a streaming audio database that allows people to hear and feel the music from America’s past. The database includes songs by and about American Indians, miners, immigrants, slaves, children, pioneers, and cowboys. Included in the database are the songs of Civil Rights, political campaigns, Prohibition, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, anti-war protests, and more.
- A collection of 35,000-plus streaming audio tracks from a multi-label collection of music recordings. Includes complete catalog of EMI Classics, RCA Red Seal, Deutsche Harmonia Mundi and Arte Nova plus regular additions of new releases.
- Contemporary World Music will contain 50,000 tracks that delivers the sounds of all regions from every continent. The database will contain important genres such as reggae, worldbeat, neo-traditional, world fusion, Balkanic jazz, African film, Bollywood, Arab swing and jazz, and other genres such as traditional music – Indian classical, fado, flamenco, klezmer, zydeco, gospel, gagaku, and more. Users can trace the history of a people’s music by comparing the traditional styles with the modern interpretations offered in this database.
- Jazz Music Library is a streaming audio database containing over 60,000 jazz recordings from all over the world. Individual tracks and entire albums featuring some of the most famous artists and ensembles from the beginnings of jazz to today may be heard through this database.
- Combines the following electronic resources into a single interface: African American Music Reference, American song, Classical Music Library, Garland Encyclopedia of World Music Online, Opera in Video, Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries, and Jazz Music Library.
- Naxos Music Library is a streaming audio database that features a comprehensive collection of classical music. It offers the complete Naxos and Marco Polo catalogues in addition to those of several other record labels. Please Log-off when finished.
- Naxos Music Library: Jazz is a streaming audio database that features contemporary jazz from around the world and featuring artists and ensembles from the United States, Scandinavia, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. Limited to 10 simultaneous users. Click Log-off when finished.
- Opera in Video is a streaming video database that will contain 250 of the most important opera performances, captured on video through staged productions, interviews, and documentaries.
- Smithsonian Global Sound, a streaming audio database produced in partnership with Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, is a virtual encyclopedia of the world’s musical and aural traditions.
Explore our Digital Collections
University of Tennessee Libraries Digital Collections have a new look and are now easier to search and discover.
Recent NewsMore News
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED
- EBSCO eBooks - System Maintenance - February 20, 2020
- ProQuest Databases Down for Scheduled Maintenance - 10 pm EST Sat., Feb. 8 until 4 am EST Sun., Feb.9, 2020
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Alert: problems accessing e-resources
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
Upcoming EventsMore Events
- Important: All events will be held virtually. Event details will be updated.
Census Research Tools WorkshopApr. 2 @ 9:30amJohn C Hodges Library - 213
Foreign film: Song of the SeaApr. 7 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium
UT Libraries Game NightApr. 22 @ 6pmJohn C Hodges Library - 209