The University of Tennessee Libraries is a partner in your success. The Libraries provide resources, technology, spaces, and expertise to help you navigate life at the University of Tennessee and beyond. Use the resources below and at left and below to learn about options for in-person and online support.
New to UTK? Check out our Student Success Guide!
Find a Book
- View a self-paced tutorial to find books using the Libraries’ One Search resource.
- Visit our Loan Periods page for information about borrowing and renewing books.
- Learn about options for students taking classes online.
Find an Article
- View a self-paced tutorial with examples of how to find articles using the database Academic Search Complete
- Explore the Libraries’ Articles & Databases page to search for subject-specific information (for instance, History, Engineering) or resources by type (for instance, newspapers, videos).
- Visit our Ask Us Now page to learn about the different ways to get in touch with a librarian, including chat and online assistance.
- Learn about citing sources and avoiding plagiarism with our self-paced guide.
- Register for our live, online workshops, with topics ranging from research questions, primary and secondary sources, information privilege and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FAQs page for commonly asked questions, and check out our Tutorials to explore more at your own-pace. The Libraries’ social media (@UTKLibraries) on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) is another resource to find the latest information about Libraries’ offerings and events.
Find Your Place
- Explore spaces by type, location, and volume level.
- Reserve a group study room.
- Learn about Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library and the George F. Devine Music Library.
Recent NewsMore News
- Medbery Makerspace: Take our Certification Workshop
- Exhibit in Special Collections Honors Frederick Douglass, Black History Month
- Library Storage Annex Update from UT Knoxville Campus Advisory Board Meeting
- UT Libraries Welcomes High School Students for BOSS STEM Conference
- Carolyn Finney, Author of “Black Faces, White Spaces,” to Speak February 29
- Katie Hannah Appointed New Director of UT Press
- Tell Us How We’re Doing: Take the Library’s Survey
- Beauford Delaney Papers Now Available to Researchers