Special CollectionsBetsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives
Special Collections at University of Tennessee Libraries received a large collection of manuscripts pertaining to modernist American writer Evelyn Scott. Author of Escapade (1923), The Wave (1929), and other works of fiction, poetry, and criticism, Scott wrote about her Tennessee roots in her autobiography Background in Tennessee (1939). Professor Robert Welker of Huntsville, Alabama, generously donated the papers.
In honor of this gift, Special Collections presents the exhibit about Evelyn Scott (1893-1963) which highlights items in the collection.
Articles and related information about Evelyn Scott written by faculty, graduate students and visiting scholars of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
“The Odyssey of Elsie Dunn” by James B. Lloyd, Special Collections Librarian.
“Peggy Bach: Evelyn Scott’s Biographer” by David Madden, United States Civil War Center, Louisiana State University.
“Tennessee’s Prodigal Daughter: Evelyn Scott” by Caroline Maun, The University of Tennessee.
“Evelyn Scott Highlights” by Caroline Maun, The University of Tennessee.
“Evelyn Scott: Selected Bibliography” by Caroline Maun, The University of Tennessee.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace