We want your library visit to be the best it can be! The following suggested guidelines help us make that possible! We encourage teachers or other group leaders to:
- Fill out the Tours and Instruction Reservation Form.
- Schedule visits and tours at least two weeks in advance.
- Plan a research assignment to coincide with your visit to the library. Share the full assignment with the contact librarian when you schedule a visit. This allows the librarian to collect relevant resources and plan your session with the students in mind.
- Limit the number of visiting students to fewer than thirty. This allows for more individualized attention and best learning results. If you are interested in bringing a larger group to the library, please contact us, and we can set up special accommodations.
- Stay actively involved with the students while the session is being conducted.
- Supervise students to ensure they abide by UT Libraries user policies. i.e. Quiet Study floors!
A Note about Borrowing and Copying Services
Visiting students do not have borrowing privileges at the library. Students may use materials in the building.
Students are encouraged to:
- Bring jump drives to save electronic files
- Send files to themselves through email
- Scan print resources to save on jump drives or send through email
Copying Services: Copy cards may be purchased and loaded at a machine near the front circulation desk. This machine does not give change, so small bills or coins are best. These cards may be used at designated copy card machines within the library. Copies cost 6 cents for each page. Refunds are not given for unused funds loaded onto copy cards.
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019