Since that date, some assignments have changed, some departments have been reorganized, and some faculty and staff members featured here are no longer with the University of Tennessee Libraries. For a current list of library faculty and staff, check the Libraries’ Staff Directory. To identify the librarian who specializes in your discipline, see this list of Subject Librarians.
BIG IDEAS demand reliable information. The University Libraries supports scholarship, research, and learning at UT by acquiring, organizing, preserving, and facilitating access to the world’s knowledge. The wide-ranging expertise of our librarians might surprise you.
As Digital Media Technologies Librarian, Steven Milewski is our expert on streaming collections and technologies. With Steven’s guidance, the UT Libraries is building a collection of streamed media to support teaching and research. Steven is in charge of selecting video content, digitizing existing media holdings, and acquiring rights to streamed media, as well as maintaining the infrastructure that allows faculty and students to view streamed video from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
He can help library users extract video clips for use in presentations and help instructors embed videos in their class’s Blackboard site. Explore Steven’s online guide to finding and using streamed content relevant to your discipline at libguides.utk.edu/streaming.
Steven is the subject librarian for Social Work, providing information literacy instruction, research consultations, and collection development for that college. He also serves as the Libraries’ liaison to the UT Office of Disability Services. Over the past year, he has purchased new adaptive equipment and software for the library.
Steven holds a bachelor’s degree in history and a master’s in information science from UT.
Recent NewsMore News
- Exhibit in Special Collections Honors Frederick Douglass, Black History Month
- Library Storage Annex Update from UT Knoxville Campus Advisory Board Meeting
- UT Libraries Welcomes High School Students for BOSS STEM Conference
- Carolyn Finney, Author of “Black Faces, White Spaces,” to Speak February 29
- Katie Hannah Appointed New Director of UT Press
- Tell Us How We’re Doing: Take the Library’s Survey
- Beauford Delaney Papers Now Available to Researchers
- “Rising from the Ashes” — UT Press Book Wins Art Award