Music Library Indexes to Local Resources
- Find the words and music for over 50,000 songs in 15,000 collections of songs in the Music Library.
- Another song index is the ASU’s Popular Song Index, which accesses songbooks owned by Arizona State University. This index is particularly useful for finding popular songs. It also features the first line of each song, in case you don’t remember the title.
- Find analyses, descriptions, and program notes for musical compositions in the Music Library book collection. Use in conjunction with Harold Diamond’s book, Music Analyses: An Annotated Guide to the Literature.
- Find program notes for Knoxville Symphony Orchestra performances from Season 31 (1965) through Season 64 (1999). An index for Seasons 13-30 is included in the 30th Season volume. Current programs are in stacks of the music library; however they are for in-library use only.
School of Music Concert and Recital Recordings
- The University of Tennessee School of Music records many of its musical events. These recordings may be listened to in the Music Library, and they are classified according to the academic year in which they were performed.
- To find a specific recording, search the library catalog using the performer’s name and/or the date the concert took place. Write down the call number for the CD ( i.e. SM2005-003). Bring the call number to the circulation desk and someone will assist you.
- Provides title access to Jamey Aebersold’s New Approach to Jazz Improvisation play-a-long volumes, which are in the Music Library – MT68.A4. The Music Library has a print version available as well.
- Please see the Jamey Aebersold Jazz, Inc. page for information on ordering and using the Aebersold play-a-long volumes.
Choral Library Index and Collection
- This collection has been moved from the Music Library Reference Room to the UT Choral Department Offices.
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace