The Graduate Commons is furnished with nine adjustable-height desks, ergonomic chairs, and lounge areas with sofas—features to ease a workday that can include extended periods of time working on dissertations or analyzing data. The new space supports scholarly work by providing workstations with powerful processors and dual monitors, specialized software, small-group rooms, and a large presentation room that can host a dissertation defense. There are even small amenities such as a phone charging station and a bank of lockers. Graduate students just need to swipe their VolCards to gain access.
Our online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions.
Recent NewsMore News
- Our short story contest winners are …
- DeStress for Success
- Event: Title IX — Impact on UT and Beyond
- Big Orange Give Celebrates Tenth Anniversary
- Queer Conversations: Join us October 11
- UT Libraries Unveils Digital Membership Card for Donors
- "Bearing the Torch": A Conversation with Bob Hutton and Jack Neely
- Game Nights at Hodges Library Begin Sept. 21