ETLA Business Meeting
Thursday, Oct 1, 2009
Carpe Librum, 6 pm
Meeting held in conjunction with Book Brag program
Mary Bartolini, Past President
Chris Durman, President
Molly Moore, Secretary
Susan Poorbaugh, Treasurer
Becky Smeltzer, Newsletter Editor
Susan Simmons, Vice President
Carrie Beth Love
Presiding: Chris Durman, President
Recording: Molly Moore, Secretary
• Chris introduced current and past ETLA Board members.
• Chris summed up recent activities including: 2008-2009’s Year of the Library Tour, revised ETLA Bylaws, the appointment of a new Webmaster, Peter Fernandez, and the transfer of bank accounts to the new President and Treasurer.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT
• Balance as of July 31, 2009 was $1,236.48.
4. YEAR AHEAD
• The Board will be looking at new ways to boost attendance.
• ETLA will be partnering with other local organizations throughout the year.
• UT is granting 16 full-tuition scholarships to the SIS program to paraprofessionals in rural Appalachian libraries.
Meeting adjourned 6:25 p.m. Book Brag commenced.