The Call for Presenters for Empirical Librarians 2020 is now closed. Registration will open on Nov. 1, 2019.
Click here to register: https://utconferences.eventsair.com/empirical-librarians-2020/registration/Site/Register.
Empirical Librarians is a small conference that specifically focuses on the unique place of original research and original researchers in the larger information environment. We are a place where librarians who do research and librarians who support research can come together to share ideas and insights about original research by patrons and librarians.
The 6th Empirical Librarians conference seeks presentation proposals from librarians, library professionals, and LIS students on our two conference topic tracks:
- supporting original research, through faculty and graduate outreach, scholarly communications, etc.; and
- performing research in libraries.
Proposals can be concurrent sessions, either as presentations or panels, or can be short lightning talks. In Track 1 we especially encourage presentations that focus on the unique needs of patrons who are doing research, and how working with researchers is different from supporting non-researcher patrons. In Track 2 we especially encourage discussions of practical methodology, including why research could be or was done a certain way and what lessons were learned that may help attendees do their own research.
The deadline to submit proposals is October 18, 2019. Proposal authors will receive notice of acceptance or requests to revise with feedback in late November.
Presenters will be expected to register as regular attendees. Thanks to support from our sponsors, University of Tennessee Libraries and the VCU Libraries, we have been able to maintain a modest registration rate. We anticipate registration to cost $65 for early bird registration for the day-and-a-half conference.
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources
- GIVING TUESDAY NOW: Give to the Student Emergency Fund on May 5
- UT Libraries Zoom Backgrounds
- De-Stress for Success & Study Day Resources
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED