We are excited to announce that after a 2-year hiatus, the Empirical Librarians Conference will return on March 9-10, 2023!
Registration is now open! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/empirical-librarians-conference-2023-tickets-422503097137
Empirical Librarians is a small conference that specifically focuses on the unique place of original research and original researchers in the larger information environment. We are a place where librarians who do research and librarians who support research can come together to share ideas and insights about original research by patrons and librarians.
The 7th Empirical Librarians conference seeks presentation proposals from librarians, library professionals, and LIS students on our two conference topic tracks:
1. Supporting original research, through faculty and graduate outreach, scholarly communications, etc.; and
2. Performing research in libraries.
EmpLibs 2023 will be a hybrid conference, with attendance able to be in person at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA, or virtual (unless we must change format to all-virtual due to public health warnings).
Presenters will be expected to register as regular attendees. Registration will open in November. We anticipate registration to cost $65 for virtual and early bird in-person registration. After February 1, registration for in-person will be $85 and virtual registration fee will stay $65. Thanks to support from our sponsors, University of Tennessee Libraries and the VCU Libraries, for helping us to maintain a modest registration rate.
If you have any questions, please contact Nina Exner at email@example.com or Christopher Eaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Celebrates Staff and Campus Partners During Annual Spirit Awards Ceremony
- If Your Digital Content Isn’t Accessible, You Could Be Leaving Behind Up to a Billion Users
- Announcing the Library Scholarship Winner, Onyx Bard
- Congrats to Spring 2023 Graduating Library Student Workers!
- De-Stress for Success During Finals
- Digital Collections: Look Back at Your Own UT College Days with Volunteer Yearbooks and Commencement Programs
- Library Faculty Take Campus Leadership Roles
- Digital Collections — Knoxville Gardens: 100 Years Ago