Pendergrass LibraryPendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library
About the Pendergrass Library Institutional Arrangement with PeerJ
Want to see who has published at UT in PeerJ?
List of peer reviewed articles and preprints here: https://peerj.com/institutions/53/university-of-tennessee
PeerJ Institutional Arrangement Fund status:
- The plan was topped up with $10K in January 2018.
- The cost for 1 article in PeerJ Life Sciences is $995, and the cost for 1 article in PeerJ Computer Science is $795.
- Submitting a preprint is free.
Changes to the PeerJ UTK Institutional Plan effective 3/6/2017:
- Instead of a lifetime membership plan for all authors, the Pendergrass Institutional Plan covers Article Processing Charges (APC).
- APC fees are a very affordable $995 per article for PeerJ and $795 per article for PeerJ Computer Science.
- Any UT Knoxville faculty member, post-doctoral associate, or currently enrolled graduate student whose article has been accepted may apply for funding.
- PeerJ found that institutions were more comfortable with funding the APC model than the membership model.
- Accounting is clearer and administering the plan is simpler.
All lifetime membership plans paid for with the Pendergrass Institutional Arrangement (UT Knoxville authors in PeerJ Bioscience or PeerJ Computer Science who participated from June 2015 to February 2017) are still in effect.
PeerJ Lifetime Membership plans are still available:
- Authors may still opt for the PeerJ lifetime membership publishing plan with their own funding sources.
- Librarians at Pendergrass highly recommend that authors seriously consider the membership model.
How to Apply for Funding to Cover the APC of $995 for PeerJ Bioscience or $795 for PeerJ Computer Science:
Before submitting the article to PeerJ, fill out the form below or call or write Ann Viera (865) 974-9015 email@example.com to make sure there are funds available to cover the APC for your article.
The Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library serves the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA). Pendergrass is a branch library at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, a land-grant university. Pendergrass supports innovative publishing platforms that disseminate the results of research and scholarly activity broadly and with as few access barriers as possible.
- Contact Ann Viera for assistance, comments, or questions: (865) 974-9015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about scholarly communication and open access at the University of Tennessee: Scholarly Communication page
- Learn more about PeerJ resources for UT affiliates with the LibGuide
- Visit the PeerJ website
Need help organizing your citations? Enroll in on the Libraries' EndNote workshops!
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Now Holds Archive of Cartoonist Paige Braddock
- Community gathering in response to hate speech
- Graduate Commons Grand Opening, Sept. 20
- Lunch and Learn: Financial Literacy, Sept. 16
- Data Management Best Practices Webinar, Sept. 10
- Workshop: Manage Citations with EndNote
- Best Practices in Publishing program for graduate students
- Exhibit in Hodges Library—“Lighting the Way: 225 Years of Volunteers”