Pendergrass LibraryWebster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library
About the Pendergrass Library Institutional Arrangement with PeerJ
PeerJ Institutional Arrangement Fund status:
- $7053 as of July 2021
- The cost for 1 article in PeerJ Life Sciences is $995, and the cost for 1 article in PeerJ Computer Science is $795.
- Submitting a preprint is free.
Changes to the PeerJ UTK Institutional Plan effective 3/6/2017:
- Instead of a lifetime membership plan for all authors, the Pendergrass Institutional Plan covers Article Processing Charges (APC).
- APC fees are a very affordable $995 per article for PeerJ and $795 per article for PeerJ Computer Science.
- Any UT Knoxville faculty member, post-doctoral associate, or currently enrolled graduate student whose article has been accepted may apply for funding.
- PeerJ found that institutions were more comfortable with funding the APC model than the membership model.
- Accounting is clearer and administering the plan is simpler.
All lifetime membership plans paid for with the Pendergrass Institutional Arrangement (UT Knoxville authors in PeerJ Bioscience or PeerJ Computer Science who participated from June 2015 to February 2017) are still in effect.
PeerJ Lifetime Membership plans are still available:
- Authors may still opt for the PeerJ lifetime membership publishing plan with their own funding sources.
- Librarians at Pendergrass highly recommend that authors seriously consider the membership model.
How to Apply for Funding to Cover the APC of $995 for PeerJ Bioscience or $795 for PeerJ Computer Science:
Before submitting the article to PeerJ, fill out the form below or call or write Isabella Baxter (865) 974-8116, email@example.com to make sure there are funds available to cover the APC for your article.
The Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library serves the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA). Pendergrass is a branch library at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, a land-grant university. Pendergrass supports innovative publishing platforms that disseminate the results of research and scholarly activity broadly and with as few access barriers as possible.
- Contact Isabella Baxter for assistance, comments, or questions: (865)974-8116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about scholarly communication and open access at the University of Tennessee: Scholarly Communication page
- Visit the PeerJ website
Want to see who has published at UT in PeerJ?
List of peer reviewed articles and preprints here: https://peerj.com/institutions/53/university-of-tennessee
Tennessee Volunteers Magazine
Published by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department to provide articles and statistics on a variety of sports.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Library reopens July 26
- And the winner is...UT Libraries!
- UT Press Wins Book Awards
- Olivia Kelley Recognized for Extraordinary Customer Service Award
- This Year's Scholarship Winner
- Apply Now: UT Funding to Make Your Monograph Open Access
- Pendergrass Closed for Sprinkler Installation Starting May 12
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive