***Please note updates made to our signage policies and slide specifications on 5/16/18***
Content Eligibility and Timing:
The UT Libraries has digital signs on display to help inform students of library-sponsored or co-sponsored messages/events and major updates of campus-wide importance (as determined by UT Marketing and Communications).
We open this space for messaging to other approved campus organizations promoting approved/official events taking place in the Libraries when there is extra space in the 10-slide rotation, with preference for our Commons partners.
We ask that all slides be submitted at least one week prior to the desired posting date. As a standard, non-library slides will be set to run for 1-2 weeks based on the quantity of slides during the requested time.
Please also note:
- We do not accept job ads or solicitations for student workers.
- We reserve the right to reject or alter your slide for reasons of clarity and readability, violation of law or campus policy, or to conform to our physical specifications.
- Slides can be submitted as a JPG, JPEG, PPT, or PPTX file and should be created with a 16×9 (WxH) aspect ratio, which is the standard for PowerPoint in versions 2013 and newer. For those creating slides through other design softwares, we recommend setting up your slide at 1920×1080 (WxH) pixels.
- The viewing time of a slide is typically less than 10 seconds, so keep textual information brief. We suggest setting a timer and reading it out loud as a test. If slides are submitted that cannot be reasonably read within that timeframe, we will not be able to post your slide.
- Information should be presented so important pieces stand out (e.g. time, date, place, and name of an event or a web address for more information should have high contrast and readability.)
Email your slide submission to email@example.com and please include your requested posting date in the message (at least one week later than your send date).