***Please note updates made to our signage policies and slide specifications in Fall 2018***
Content Eligibility and Timing:
The UT Libraries has digital signs on display to help inform students of library-sponsored or co-sponsored messages/events and major updates of campus-wide importance (as determined by UT Marketing and Communications).
When there is extra space in the 10-slide rotation, we open this space to our Commons partners first. We then give open space to other UT departments, units, and official campus organizations promoting events that are open to all and taking place in the Libraries on a first come, first served basis. Campus organization messages must also be approved by the group’s faculty advisor.
We ask that all slides be submitted at least one week prior to the desired posting date. As a standard, non-library slides will be set to run for 1-2 weeks based on the quantity of slides during the requested time.
Please also note:
- We do not accept job ads or solicitations for student workers.
- We reserve the right to reject or alter your slide for reasons of clarity and readability, violation of law or campus policy, or to conform to our physical specifications.
- Slides can be submitted as a JPG, JPEG, PPT, or PPTX file and should be created with a 16×9 (WxH) aspect ratio, which is the standard for PowerPoint in versions 2013 and newer. For those creating slides through other design softwares, we recommend setting up your slide at 1920×1080 (WxH) pixels.
- The viewing time of a slide is typically less than 10 seconds, so keep textual information brief. We suggest setting a timer and reading it out loud as a test. If slides are submitted that cannot be reasonably read within that timeframe, we will not be able to post your slide.
- Information should be presented so important pieces stand out (e.g. time, date, place, and name of an event or a web address for more information should have high contrast and readability.)
- Use these tips to design your slides with accessibility in mind.
Email your slide submission to email@example.com and please include your requested posting date in the message (at least one week later than your send date).