Faculty, staff, and students are invited to contribute to a book to be published this fall by Newfound Press, the UT Libraries’ online imprint.
This year, The Big Read prompted hundreds of Knoxvillians to read and discuss A Lesson Before Dying, Ernest Gaines’ thought-provoking novel about a black man who is sentenced to death for a murder he did not commit. Book discussions, lectures, a community leaders forum, Clarence Brown Theatre performances — events across our community provoked discussions on the book’s themes of racism, injustice, hope, and redemption.
The UT Libraries plans to commemorate the community-wide program with a book that captures a range of responses, both scholarly and personal, to Gaines’ inspiring novel. We invite contributions of any length and in any genre appropriate for publication, from essays to poetry to artworks.
Please submit images with a brief description or abstracts/excerpts no longer than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2016.
Robin Bedenbaugh, UT Libraries (865-974-0430, email@example.com)
Martha Rudolph, UT Libraries (865-974-4273, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13