Author Christopher J. Walsh will discuss publishing with a digital press and his recent book, In the Wake of the Sun: Navigating the Southern Works of Cormac McCarthy, on Wednesday and Thursday, April 7 and 8. Published online by the University of Tennessee Libraries Newfound Press, Walsh’s book offers close textual analysis of all McCarthy’s Southern works along with an overview of the notable critical responses to them. Introducing readers, scholars, and students to the pertinent themes in each work, the book guides readers through significant critical dialogues surrounding the texts. Print copies of the book will be available for purchase at $25 following the presentations. Both events are free and open to the public.
“In the Wake of the Sun:
Navigating the Southern Works of Cormac McCarthy”
Wednesday, April 7, 7:00 pm
East Tennessee History Center
601 South Gay Street
“Publishing With a Digital Press”
Thursday, April 8, 4:00 pm
John C. Hodges Library Auditorium
1015 Volunteer Blvd.
University of Tennessee campus
Graduate Commons Ribbon Cutting
Join us to celebrate the grand opening of a long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library.
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Now Holds Archive of Cartoonist Paige Braddock
- Community gathering in response to hate speech
- Graduate Commons Grand Opening, Sept. 20
- Lunch and Learn: Financial Literacy, Sept. 16
- Data Management Best Practices Webinar, Sept. 10
- Workshop: Manage Citations with EndNote
- Best Practices in Publishing program for graduate students
- Exhibit in Hodges Library—“Lighting the Way: 225 Years of Volunteers”