Writer in Residence Patricia Waters (2003-2004)
Patricia Waters is a native of Nashville, Tennessee. After graduating from Memphis State with a double major in History and English, her first jobs were on archaeological digs in England and Norway.
Following study and travel in Europe, she returned to the U.S. to earn a Master’s in English and to pursue careers in journalism and teaching.
While at Tennessee Wesleyan College, a Pew grant funded her attendance at several prestigious writing conferences and reinforced her determination to pursue a Ph.D. and a career in writing. She earned a Ph.D. in English from UT in 1998. Her poems and nonfiction have appeared in The Chattahoochee Review, The Louisville Review, and the Southern Poetry Review, among others.
Explore our digital collections
UT Digital Collections has something for every Vol fan - including the University of Tennessee Football Programs collection.
Recent NewsMore News
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5
- Hodges Library Now Open til Midnight, Sunday – Thursday
- Hodges Library Now Closing at 10 pm, Sunday - Friday
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.