The Studio’s Tinker Tools are meant to encourage exploration and innovation. Students can explore new technology such as virtual reality, 3D technology and more! Check out the descriptions below to discover what these gadgets can do.
| The HTC Vive is a virtual reality system. It connects to a user’s laptop or desktop, allowing the user to play games, watch an immersive VR movie, or jump to a destination on the other side of the world.|
1 Vive set is available in our VR Room.
1 Vive set is on a cart and can be set up for a class or larger group in a library classroom. Contact us in advance to make arrangements.
|Arduino micro-controller kit|
|Starting the basics of electronics, to more complex projects, the kit will help you control the physical world with sensor and actuators. A few projects you can make are|
(1) Spaceship interface design the control panel for your starship
(2) Color mixing lamp produce any color with a lamp that uses light as an input
(3) Keyboard instrument play music and make some noise with this keyboard
|LittleBits circuitry sets|
|A set of 10 color-coded modules that snap together magnetically to create larger circuits. With LittleBits circuits, people have created|
(1) A flickering lantern
(2) A back massager
(3) A Bristle-Bot
|Mindwave mobile EEG headset|
|With the MindWave Mobile headset and NeuroSky’s neurofeedback training software, you are able to build up your ability to concentrate, focus and relax. The headset’s sensor measurers the brain’s electrical activity and transfers the data readout via Bluetooth to a computer, smartphone, tablet or laptop.|
|The world’s first iPad 3D scanner lets you “see” depth, which means you can do everything from creating a 3D model of your house, to playing augmented reality games right in your own living room, to 3D-scanning you dog.|
Tennessee Volunteers Magazine
Published by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department to provide articles and statistics on a variety of sports.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Study Rooms Available for Reservations
- In Conversation: Family Hiking in the Smokies
- For Your Reference: Second Season Premiere
- DeVine and Pendergrass Libraries to Close Early Sept. 2
- Masks Now Required in All Libraries
- Teaching Equipment and Spaces
- SGA and Open Education Working Group Announce the 2020 OER Awards
- Pendergrass Library reopens July 26