Music is the universal language of mankind.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Music is inexorably intertwined with human culture. It has the power to bring people together and is often used as a symbol or portrayal of a specific cultural group. We invite you to join us in celebrating the 225th Anniversary of the University of Tennessee through song in the
Free Range Video Contest: UT In Song
To celebrate UT, participants will create a music video in one of 3 categories:
- All Vol – use a known UT song such as the Tennessee Waltz or the Alma Mater as the inspiration and create your original video for the song.
- Weird Al – create your own UT themed lyrics and video to a song of your choice.
- Original – create an original song and music video celebrating UT.
In addition to selecting a song category, videos must include:
- a campus location
- a minimum of 1 event from the UT 225th Anniversary Timeline
Participation is open to all currently enrolled UTK students. Video submissions may be made individually or in teams up to 6. All team members must register for the contest. Once you are registered, details about submitting your video will be provided to you.
Need access to equipment or software to make your video? The Studio in Hodges Library provides media production equipment, spaces, and expertise. You may checkout cameras, mics, and more from the Equipment Desk in the Commons South.
- Fall semester – register & work on videos
- Feb 10, 2020 – submissions due
- Mar 4, 2020 – screening & awards night
Questions? Contact The Studio
235 Hodges Library – email@example.com – (865) 974-6396
Explore our Digital Collections
University of Tennessee Libraries Digital Collections have a new look and are now easier to search and discover.
Recent NewsMore News
- Get Help with Research Papers During Writing Blitz, March 10
- Grant Deadline Extended: UT Open Textbook/OER Grant Program
- Workshop, March 2: Intro to Open Educational Resources
- EBSCO eBooks - System Maintenance - February 20, 2020
- ProQuest Databases Down for Scheduled Maintenance - 10 pm EST Sat., Feb. 8 until 4 am EST Sun., Feb.9, 2020
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Alert: problems accessing e-resources
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lifelong Learning Book Club for Faculty and StaffFeb. 28 @ 1pmJohn C Hodges Library - Mary E. Greer Room (258 Hodges)
Data and GIS Day at Pendergrass LibraryMar. 3 @ 2pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - A113
Foreign film: Science of SleepMar. 3 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium