Music is the universal language of mankind.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Music is inexorably intertwined with human culture. It has the power to bring people together and is often used as a symbol or portrayal of a specific cultural group. We invite you to join us in celebrating the 225th Anniversary of the University of Tennessee through song in the
Free Range Video Contest: UT In Song
To celebrate UT, participants will create a music video in one of 3 categories:
- All Vol – use a known UT song such as the Tennessee Waltz or the Alma Mater as the inspiration and create your original video for the song.
- Weird Al – create your own UT themed lyrics and video to a song of your choice.
- Original – create an original song and music video celebrating UT.
In addition to selecting a song category, videos must include:
- a campus location
- a minimum of 1 event from the UT 225th Anniversary Timeline
Participation is open to all currently enrolled UTK students. Video submissions may be made individually or in teams up to 6. All team members must register for the contest. Once you are registered, details about submitting your video will be provided to you.
Need access to equipment or software to make your video? The Studio in Hodges Library provides media production equipment, spaces, and expertise. You may checkout cameras, mics, and more from the Equipment Desk in the Commons South.
- Fall semester – register & work on videos
- Feb 10, 2020 – submissions due
- Mar 4, 2020 6:30 pm – screening & awards – Hodges Library Mary Greer Room
Questions? Contact The Studio
235 Hodges Library – firstname.lastname@example.org – (865) 974-6396
The 2020-2021 Culture Corner offers resources and materials to explore Native American cultures and traditions.
Recent NewsMore News
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive
- In Celebration of Marilou Awiakta
- Panel: Wellness and Self-Care — COVID-19 and Beyond
- In Conversation Rescheduled - May 11, 2021
- Have questions? Ask us now!
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021