Music is the universal language of mankind.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Music is inexorably intertwined with human culture. It has the power to bring people together and is often used as a symbol or portrayal of a specific cultural group. We invite you to join us in celebrating the 225th Anniversary of the University of Tennessee through song in the
Free Range Video Contest: UT In Song
To celebrate UT, participants will create a music video in one of 3 categories:
- All Vol – use a known UT song such as the Tennessee Waltz or the Alma Mater as the inspiration and create your original video for the song.
- Weird Al – create your own UT themed lyrics and video to a song of your choice.
- Original – create an original song and music video celebrating UT.
In addition to selecting a song category, videos must include:
- a campus location
- a minimum of 1 event from the UT 225th Anniversary Timeline
Participation is open to all currently enrolled UTK students. Video submissions may be made individually or in teams up to 6. All team members must register for the contest. Once you are registered, details about submitting your video will be provided to you.
Need access to equipment or software to make your video? The Studio in Hodges Library provides media production equipment, spaces, and expertise. You may checkout cameras, mics, and more from the Equipment Desk in the Commons South.
- Fall semester – register & work on videos
- Feb 10, 2020 – submissions due
- Mar 4, 2020 6:30 pm – screening & awards – Hodges Library Mary Greer Room
Questions? Contact The Studio
235 Hodges Library – firstname.lastname@example.org – (865) 974-6396
Explore our digital collections
UT Digital Collections has something for every Vol fan — including the Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Spring 2021
- Entrance to Pendergrass Library Has Moved
- Give the Gift of Hodges
- Holiday Hours
- Faculty Bookplate 2020
- Birds of the World database - Down for Maintenance- Nov. 17-19, 2020
- Boundless: Artists in the Archives featuring Marcel Holman
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5