The Studio, located in 235 Hodges Library, is not just a digital media lab; it is a community. We provide media equipment, computers, software, and consultation services for the creation of media-enhanced instructional products. Services are available to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Tennessee. Our goal is to provide media computing resources, a trained staff to provide assistance, and information about campus-wide training opportunities. As a part of the University of Tennessee Libraries, The Studio continues a rich tradition of innovation and operates in a creative environment of instructional and service excellence.
Sarah Harrington, Graduate Assistant
Studio Student Library Assistants
Students who work in The Studio have experience and knowledge of media production software. They come from a variety of departments and bring skills to assist patrons with a variety of projects. If you are interested in working in The Studio, please contact supervisors Shelly O’Barr or Paris Whalon.
Fall 2019 Student Library Assistants:
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace