Scholarly Communication & Publishing
For all UT scholars—with diverse roles as researchers, grant writers, instructors, authors, creators, editors, reviewers, or administrators—a consultation or workshop with Rachel Caldwell, the Scholarly Communication & Publishing Librarian, can help answer your concerns about:
- open access publishing, including UT’s Open Publishing Support Fund
- avoiding predatory/deceptive publishers
- authorship disputes
- preserving and archiving research and creative outputs
- avoiding plagiarism, duplicate publications, redundant publications, etc.
- TRACE open access repository archiving to expand the reach of UT scholar publications and research outputs (see readership map below)
- Open Educational Resources, including open textbooks
- Public access policies of federal and private funders
- Research Impact Metrics
The Libraries also provides an open access hosting service for VOL Journals, offering expertise and support for editors, journal founders, and journal migrations. Set up a consultation for more information.
The Open Sandbox
Join us for an exploration of open source digital research tools. Workshops are open to all.
Recent NewsMore News
- Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
- A Conversation with Appalachian Filmmakers
- Early Printed Bibles on View during Shakespeare Symposium
- Accessible to All — Resources to Learn More About Disabilities
- Financial Hardship and Food Insecurity on Campus: Panel Discussion, March 9
- Share Your UT Libraries Love Story!
- Maggie Longmire to Perform at Boundless: Artists in the Archives
- Douglass Day — Join us for a Lecture and Transcribe-a-thon
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 22 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 23 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Boundless: Artists in the Archives with Maggie LongmireMar. 23 at 6:30pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium