For all UT scholars—with diverse roles as researchers, grant writers, instructors, authors, creators, editors, reviewers, or administrators—scholarly communication1 consultations will help you share your academic work in relevant, honest, and elegant forms while fostering our institutional mission to “move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world.”
Use the guides below, or set up a consultation with Rachel Caldwell, the Scholarly Communication & Publishing Librarian, to discuss:
- Copyright: Assistance with copyright questions for authors, researchers, and instructors
- avoiding predatory/deceptive publishers
- open access publishing, including UT’s Open Publishing Support Fund
- authorship disputes
- preserving and archiving research and creative outputs
- avoiding plagiarism, duplicate publications, redundant publications, etc.
- Open archiving of publications and other research outputs in UT’s open access repository, TRACE
- Open Educational Resources, including open textbooks
- Public access policies of federal and private funders
- Research Impact: Advice in assessing the impact of research and creative works, including citation metrics and citation analysis
The Libraries also provides an open access journal-hosting service, with expertise and support for editors, journal founders, and journal migrations. Set up a consultation for more information.
Videos & Slides from the SCP Librarian
Visit the Scholarly Communication & Publishing Librarian’s SlideShare page for short presentations on ORCID, Trace, and other scholarly publishing resources.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13