The UT Libraries has created an online digital collection of photos and home movies of the Smokies taken in the 1940’s, ’50’s, and ’60’s by William Derris, owner of the Derris Motel in Townsend, TN. The images and video document landscapes, flora, wildlife, and people in and around the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and were used by Derris to entertain and inform guests at his motel.
Scholars’ Collaborative staff, Michelle Brannen and Ashley Manor, assisted librarians in creating the 12 movie clips presented by helping cut and edit the content of the films to create the 12 samples and by recording, editing, and adding the music tracks.
The Open Sandbox
Join us for an exploration of open source digital research tools. Workshops are open to all.
Recent NewsMore News
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive
- In Celebration of Marilou Awiakta
- Panel: Wellness and Self-Care — COVID-19 and Beyond
- In Conversation Rescheduled - May 11, 2021
- Have questions? Ask us now!
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021