The UT Libraries has created an online digital collection of photos and home movies of the Smokies taken in the 1940’s, ’50’s, and ’60’s by William Derris, owner of the Derris Motel in Townsend, TN. The images and video document landscapes, flora, wildlife, and people in and around the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and were used by Derris to entertain and inform guests at his motel.
Scholars’ Collaborative staff, Michelle Brannen and Ashley Manor, assisted librarians in creating the 12 movie clips presented by helping cut and edit the content of the films to create the 12 samples and by recording, editing, and adding the music tracks.
De-stress activities get underway
Odell visited Pendergrass library to help students relax between final exams. Fun fact: Odell is Smokey's half-brother!
Recent NewsMore News
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services
- Walk-in Access to Map Collection and Library Materials in Storage Reduced to One Day Per Week
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online