The Information Is Our Game campaign ended in 2016.
Since that date, some assignments have changed, some departments have been reorganized, and some faculty and staff members featured here are no longer with the University of Tennessee Libraries. For a current list of library faculty and staff, check the Libraries’ Staff Directory. To identify the librarian who specializes in your discipline, see this list of Subject Librarians.
As geographic information systems (GIS) specialist, Eric Arnold helps faculty and students use geospatial data in their research or class projects. Eric can help users evaluate GIS as a suitable tool for solving research needs, help locate appropriate spatial or geographical data, and assist with geocoding.
Eric can provide instruction on the use of ArcGIS software (free to UT faculty, staff, and students). He is also the go-to person for questions on using a handheld GPS (global positioning system) receiver.
He is a member of the Libraries’ new service, the Scholars’ Collaborative, which provides expertise, tools, and resources to faculty and students engaged in emerging forms of scholarship.
Eric holds a bachelor’s degree in geography from the University of Tennessee.
Tennessee Volunteers Magazine
Published by the University of Tennessee Athletic Department to provide articles and statistics on a variety of sports.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Library reopens July 26
- And the winner is...UT Libraries!
- UT Press Wins Book Awards
- Olivia Kelley Recognized for Extraordinary Customer Service Award
- This Year's Scholarship Winner
- Apply Now: UT Funding to Make Your Monograph Open Access
- Pendergrass Closed for Sprinkler Installation Starting May 12
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive